Re: Origin not connection since I installed VPN

by furious_duane

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin not connection since I installed VPN

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Recently I installed a VPN client which added new VPN adapter to Network Connection (Windows 10) since then Origin can't load its page (VPN On or Off)

2018-12-14 (1).png

but I still can load the game (BF1) by right clicking on task icon and choosing BF1.

2018-12-14 (3).png

I tried googling and check few old Topic here but none was like this.

Any advice? 

EDIT by EA_Jason: Removed link to third party site. 

Message 1 of 13 (13,986 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @X_MrKaon_X

Can I ask if Origin works correctly once the VPN is disabled? We usually recommend to shut down background applications like VPNs, because they might interfere with our games' online functionalities or the app itself.

Thanks!

/Ataashi

View in thread

Message 2 of 13 (13,955 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @X_MrKaon_X

Can I ask if Origin works correctly once the VPN is disabled? We usually recommend to shut down background applications like VPNs, because they might interfere with our games' online functionalities or the app itself.

Thanks!

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 13 (13,956 Views)

★★ Novice
  1. It will work correctly if I uninstall the VPN completlco if not no matter VPN is disabled or enabled, Origin can't load the page.
Message 3 of 13 (13,937 Views)

★★ Novice

i have to disconnect from Nord VPN to access your origin server, this is getting slightly annoying because i would rather be safe online in today's climate and keep my traffic secure over the issue they might interfere online, i have no issues with any other games using a VPN.

will you implement the feature in the future? 

Message 4 of 13 (13,822 Views)

★★ Novice

I've uninstalled Origin and installed it again, that fixed my problem.

Message 5 of 13 (13,776 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Message 6 of 13 (11,846 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@RichWolf1987 I use Nord VPN as well and had to uninstall, delete folder and re-install Origin and it seems ok so far.
Message 7 of 13 (11,845 Views)

★ Novice
@RichWolf1987 There are arguments for and against whether a VPN is safer (how much do you trust your VPN provider). But you should be able to choose to use a VPN.

For me Origin only has problems when I'm authenticating. Once I'm logged in I can start my VPN again. Then there's my other applications getting confused by a VPN going away and then coming back again.
Message 8 of 13 (11,582 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Origin discard my credentials even if checked to keep it !!! This is not nice dear Origin Owner Developer who ever is feeling guilty!!!!

Please FIX this !!!!!!!!!! I hate it and i am sure others too ! And all this because of VPN use !!!

Message 9 of 13 (8,354 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Did you manage to solve the issue? I still have the same issues with Origin myself with Windscribe running and I need it to access some games! I was trying to play 2K in different countries as the European servers suck and I don't feel very interested in the noobness that exists there. Not only that, but I even had to call WInscribe and sort out the issue as there was nothing I could do that seemed to work. They pretty much advised me to take down the firewall of my TP Link\router that I don't know the password for which was definitely annoying.

Message 10 of 13 (7,652 Views)