Origin needs to download files and is waiting for permission

by fusionmazza

Original Post

Origin needs to download files and is waiting for permission

★ Apprentice

I got Star Wars Battlefron 2 yesterday from the Epic store, when I tried to install it I got the message:

"Origin needs to download files and is waiting for permission. Please choose "Yes" when Windows prompts you for permission."

None of the methods on this forum worked to fix this issue

Message 1 of 6 (583 Views)

Re: Origin needs to download files and is waiting for permission

Community Manager

@fusionmazza To confirm do you not get a pop-up window from windows asking for permission? Can you try adjusting your UAC Controls?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 6 (560 Views)

★ Apprentice

@EA_Illium I do not get a pop-up window no matter what UAC settings I use, I tried them all

Message 3 of 6 (556 Views)

★ Apprentice

Still no solution in sight...

Message 4 of 6 (519 Views)

Community Manager
@fusionmazza Do you have Origin installed? Also, are there any security software running?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 5 of 6 (501 Views)

★ Apprentice

@EA_Illium  Yes, of course I have Origin installed. And I have windows defender, in which origin has been enabled

Message 6 of 6 (493 Views)