Re: Permission to download

by EA_Jason

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin needs to download files and is waiting for permission. Please choose "Yes

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Origin needs to download files and is waiting for permission. Please choose "Yes" when Windows prompts you for permission.

I need help please, i cant download origin games, I've basically done everything to try to to fix this issue. Ive uninstalled origin, ran it as admin, changed my UAC setting, allowed it through my firewall, completely Restored my computer, and i got a external hard drive downloaded the game i wanted on my brothers computer and transferred it to my computer with the hard drive and i get the same "Origin needs to download files and is waiting for permission. Please choose "Yes" when Windows prompts you for permission" prompt. Also when i first tried to run the game that i had on my external hard drive it gave me a prompt that said something around the lines of "could not locate this game" even tho i had it fully downloaded. 

I dont know if this is an Origin thing or something to do with WIndows

Message 1 of 11 (2,809 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA SPORTS FC Team

Could you also let me know if you're using an external HDD or if you've changed the default install path? @FelixJHuber 

Jason.png

View in thread

Message 9 of 11 (2,586 Views)

All Replies

Re: Origin needs to download files and is waiting for permission. Please choose

Community Manager

@FelixJHuber Can you check if Restricted Access mode is enabled in Origin and try to disable it?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 11 (2,779 Views)

Re: Origin needs to download files and is waiting for permission. Please choose

★★ Novice

it wasnt enabled, and ive also tried enabling it and it still gives me the same prompt. both were tried in admin mode

Message 3 of 11 (2,777 Views)

Permission to download

★★★ Newbie

I am trying to download the sims 4 and I keep getting a message that says “origins is trying to download files and needs permission to continue” the files are all downloading still but I have tried to download 3 times and it takes forever! Has anyone else had this problem? 

Message 4 of 11 (2,764 Views)

★ Novice
@cayladavis1 I am having the same problem.
Message 5 of 11 (2,718 Views)

EA SPORTS FC Team

Are you having this issue on Mac or on Windows @katehandley91 and @cayladavis1?

If you're on Mac, then you'll have to enter your password for your user account on the Mac and not your EA account login. 

For Windows, could you check it it works by creating a new Windows Administrator account and downloading/installing the games that way?

@FelixJHuber Are you trying to download/install the games using an external HDD or through the default path and does creating a new Windows Administrator account resolve it for you?

Jason.png
Message 6 of 11 (2,691 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Jason ive tried downloading with both options and creating a new windows account does not work either
Message 7 of 11 (2,645 Views)

★★ Novice

i have no problems downloading games on Steam, Battlenet, and Uplay. This is obviously a problem with Origin. 

Message 8 of 11 (2,628 Views)

EA SPORTS FC Team

Could you also let me know if you're using an external HDD or if you've changed the default install path? @FelixJHuber 

Jason.png
Message 9 of 11 (2,587 Views)

My sims four won’t update

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I’ve been seeing this message (Origin needs to download files and is waiting for permissions.) but have no idea how to get my game to update or how to allow these permissions. Any help would be appreciated!

Message 10 of 11 (1,655 Views)