Origin minimizing games to tell me when someone is playing a game.

by AxtasisN7

Original Post

Re: Origin minimizing games to tell me when someone is playing a game.

★★★★★ Newbie
@singlecrow Im having the same issue
Message 21 of 80 (1,571 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had the same issue and solved it by following the below -

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

Message 22 of 80 (1,559 Views)

Message 23 of 80 (1,557 Views)

★ Apprentice
@UKcsmoke I did clear the cache/temp files on my earlier troubleshooting. But now that I've uninstalled all Origin Access games that I installed from the vault, the issue is gone.

This tells me the issue is purely with Origin Access library games.
EA can either fix this or I can cancel my Access subscription, which I never asked for to begin with and found myself subscribed to it one day. Thought I'd try it and I thought it was pretty cool, until now.

Now I'm worried that if I unsubscribe, I won't be able to play my games that I fully purchased and have played for years, including BF4, BF1, and BFV. My subscription didn't renew one month and all my already owned games would not let me play because Origin Access subscription wasn't active.
Message 24 of 80 (1,503 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@singlecrowRepair all the games you have installed. I was having the same issue and it resolved it. Its super annoying but seem to work. I have access games installed as well.

Message 25 of 80 (1,486 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@singlecrow I don't have Origin Access but also experience the issue, so I don't think your theory is correct.
Message 26 of 80 (1,437 Views)

★ Apprentice
@xNuc1eoNx Very good to know. It's weird. The only games I had installed from Access were Sea of Solitude, NFS Payback, and Unraveled Two. Once I removed those 3, the problem stopped. I might try reinstalling one to see if the issue comes back.
Message 27 of 80 (1,413 Views)

★★ Novice

+1 to the list. This is happening to me in Battlefront II which I have through Origin Access.

I notice that the Origin client window seems to be disappearing/reappearing randomly every five minutes, or so. I'm downloading a game update right now and watching the client -- and randomly the window will just disappear (as if someone closed it with the window's close/X button) and then 2 seconds later it will reappear. I think this might be what happens while we are in game and causes the system to dump us out to the desktop.

Not sure though.

Message 28 of 80 (1,304 Views)

★★★ Novice

I don't think it is. It happens repeatably to me on Apex Legends and that game is free to play. Its even happening to me on games not on the Origin launcher like CS:GO and GTA5. It will just make the launcher pop up ontop of anything I'm doing on my PC. I wish your theory was the case but I don't think it is considering I uninstalled all of my origin access games and I still have the problem. 

Message 29 of 80 (1,271 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It is truly sad that this thread is from 2015 and its 2020 and nothing has been done to fix this i already disabled all notifications and at the moment have 0 friends online and about every 15 minutes it tabs me out. it is appauling that EA more and more doesnt listen to its community and flat out refuses to fix issues instead of giving us a so called "work around"  its insane that the gaming industry keeps going the rout of ignoring there communities that are experiencing issues and just ignores ALL of us that spend our hard eaned money on them only to recieve either half finnished products full of bugs EA Activition and valve are clearly at this point only into taking money from us and not responding when we have issues. im paying 15 a month just to get tab out of any EA game every 15 mins its pretty much unplayable. 

Message 30 of 80 (1,225 Views)