Origin mandatory updates

by ezg69

Original Post

Origin mandatory updates

★★★ Newbie

I played The Sims4 no problem yesterday. Today when I tried to play, the game kept acting as if it had crashed and going back to the launch game screen with a message about a mandatory update. The update was for Origin.  I tried for around 30 minutes. Then I figured it's not a game, just a simple Origin update. Shouldn't be very much so I started the update. It took me an hour or so to download the update. I have limited anytime data, only 15 gigs of anytime data per month. My anytime data is currently at 0, I have no high speed data until my next cycle. So what happened is Origin downloaded and however much data it used is going to be subtracted from next cycle. Had I known it was going to take so long, I would not have downloaded the update. 

Once I did the update, I tried to login. I kept getting an incorrect information message and I know 100% for sure I was inputting the correct email and password. I spent over an hour just trying to get that to work. So I am looking at around 3 hours of my life wasted because Origin forced me to do something I didn't want to, but had to if I wanted to play the game. I got news for you, no game is worth all this unnecessary hassle.

It looks like I was forced to do the update because it would stop the launch process. I understand having to be online to create an account or do a 1st time login. But after that, I should never have to go online again if I choose not to. Not getting updates only impacts my gameplay and pc. It only affects me. 

The game says I need internet for download and registration, not for playing. I had planned on more purchases but now I regret the purchases I have made and will not be buying the games I have on my list until this is resolved. I need to know once I download a game and register it, I can safely play offline without hassles. I know it's possible because I have no issues at all playing Steam games offline with no internet. And I rarely go online with anything game related.

I am hoping an employee will see this and relay the message to whoever needs to see it. I am not the only person with limited data issues. And you can be assured I will be making no more purchases until I know this is resolved. And I will be telling people about my issue.

Message 1 of 1 (352 Views)