Re: Origin login is currently unavailable. On a mac

by ashbymcdonald

Original Post

@Gethomeno  When Origin asks to install the helper tool, say yes: enter the password for the user account on your computer, and let it install.  Otherwise Origin won't work.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 11 of 20 (1,632 Views)

★★★ Newbie

YOU ARE THE MAN

Message 12 of 20 (1,467 Views)

★ Novice

I can't open the "install origin reset tool" link, when I click it the name of the website changes but never finishes loading. 

Message 13 of 20 (1,211 Views)

@VinAndNightbloom  Try using a different browser.  Or you can use this direct download link to the reset tool instead:

https://eaassets-a.akamaihd.net/eahelp/documents/Reset-Origin.zip

The instructions for using it are simply to extract it (double-click on the .zip) and run it (double-click on the extracted tool).

Message 14 of 20 (1,200 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you so much! It's working now. Standard smile

Message 15 of 20 (1,194 Views)

★ Guide

@puzzlezaddict  So I am able to log in to the origin app, but when I go to origin.com to purchase sims points to buy stuff, I am unable to log in to origin.com.  It just says "sign in is currently unavailable".  I am not sure if others on this thread are having the same issue, or if they are unable to even log in to the origin app. I have tried disabling the firewall, using the Origin reset tool, resetting the Mac host files, proxy settings were already disabled, flushed DNS cache -- everything except create a new user account (that does not seem at all like the problem, seeing how I can log in to the origin app), and download is safe mode (does not see apropos the issue).  Any ideas?  

Message 16 of 20 (1,155 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@puzzlezaddict
never mind... I figured it out. I was able to do it on chrome, so it's an issue with safari. I'll figure that problem out later.

Message 17 of 20 (1,145 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Atic Hi I have this problem now and I have tried everything… I want to buy sims 4 on a MacBook Air… it’s brand new and it won’t let me sign in or even register an account??? I have tried everything that everyone has mentioned and it’s not working?!
Message 18 of 20 (840 Views)

@BethKit25  Have you installed an antivirus or cleaner app on your new Mac?  Can you sign into Origin if you use your phone as a mobile hotspot?  (Make sure it's using data, not your home wifi.)

Message 19 of 20 (826 Views)

★★★ Newbie

OMG this worked for me thank you so much I was going crazy because I kept getting the "online login not available" and tried everything. But this worked can't thank you enough

Message 20 of 20 (683 Views)