Re: Origin locked my account for using Geforce Now

by TubuPapa

Original Post

Origin locked my account for using Geforce Now

★★★★★ Newbie

I have seen that a lot of people are having the issue where if you connect a couple of times into game using different systems (Geforce Now) in a short period of time you get banned for 24 h.

The error that I get is: "Too many computers have accessed this account's version of DisplayName field missing from the registry. recently. Please try again later."

I have seen that a lot of people are having this issue, but I could not find the fix which is very odd since a lot of people are having this problem.

It blows my mind that we are experiencing this issue so long after the release of this game.

At the moment the only fix that I am aware of is that having a backup account would solve the issue until my main account is unlocked

I read the forums and found that ea staff referred one person to contact Nvidia about this issue which I've done and they said that we should raise this issue with ea. This is happening only on Origin other launchers don't have these issues, It blows my mind that Origin is not fixing or addressing this issue and when they do, they say that we can't do anything about it.

I contacted the support, however, it's been more than 20 hours and they have not contacted me regarding this issue.

I am hoping that this post will bring some spotlight on the issue and origin would do something about it. I do not believe that they can't do anything about this.

If anyone could help me out, I would appreciate it.

Message 1 of 7 (1,489 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I hope they will see this

Message 2 of 7 (1,472 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I know that's not a big problem for this big company, but I hope that they would fix it. I would recommend that origin would address this issue and atleast origin support team can help users to fix the problem because it costs time and nerves

Message 3 of 7 (1,467 Views)

★★ Novice

I cant understand how this size company,can have these stupid problems.Breaking servers,broken games,broken....broken....broken. FIX SOMETHING FOR ONCE.And most idiotic part is that you "EA" dont want to take responsibility for your mistake so you just push this BS rock onto another company that has nothing with the game or your servers.GREAT * JOB EA,JUST PERFECT.

Message 4 of 7 (1,458 Views)

★ Novice

I doubt there's going to be a fix any time soon which is a shame.

Message 5 of 7 (1,351 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Need to organize a mass complaint in one go on EA threads and social media platforms. Have a # trending etc etc

Message 6 of 7 (1,311 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Honestly,  I just don't understand why we can't just link the geforce accounts to Origin so we don't mess with this every time, it's becoming increasingly annoying.

Message 7 of 7 (1,175 Views)