Origin launcher keeps pulling out of the game to the desktop.

by kcjonny77

Original Post

Re: Origin launcher keeps pulling out of the game to the desktop.

★★★★★ Novice

I'm having the same exact problem specifically after the last update which was done yesterday! 

It keeps on popping out of the game as if I hit the windows button or Alt + Tab, contacted EA 3 times and they gave me different solutions, one of them actually giving me the previous version of Origin and of course it asked for an update else you can play only offline.. which is quite annoying.. and I got Origin Access.. which is quite annoying as we do pay money to play.. as well as staying home! 

for god's sake fix your problems.. last week servers problems for 2 days in a row.. this week we have this problem!! 

What I've tried is reinstalling origin, repairing the game, clearing Origin Cache, disabling Firewall and A/V, installed CCleaner and did everything.. the problem is probably from Origin client itself!!

EA you have to fix your things!

Message 21 of 158 (2,995 Views)

Re: Apex Legends closing out to desktop screen while playing.... Need Help Plz..

★★ Novice

yeah it has been happening to me for about a week now...its bad... and they seem like they dont wanna do anything about it....smh.... great customer service lol

Message 22 of 158 (2,846 Views)

Re: Apex Legends closing out to desktop screen while playing.... Need Help Plz..

★★ Novice

doing same for anything what i do in games or internet

Message 23 of 158 (2,838 Views)

★★ Novice

it hasnt happened to me on internet or anything else jus apex and it will say that im playig need for speed then apex and it will keep jumping back and forth on the titles that im playing...

Message 24 of 158 (2,834 Views)

★★ Novice

same here in games or internet

Message 25 of 158 (2,963 Views)

★★★ Novice
@kcjonny77 yup same thing has been happening to me for a few days now. What I notice is Origin client acts like it launches a random game and then that's when I get taken away from whatever I'm doing and it switches to origin. Seems like Origin client is also affecting other games I play as well. When was running COD Modern Warfare, the screen would flicker. I noticed that origin was trying to launch Need for speed without me clicking anything, so I had a hunch that this was causing the problem. I exited origin completely and launched Modern Warfare again, and the screen flickering was gone!
I thought that someone hacked my password, so I changed it, but the same issue persists! When I play BFV, I'm still being pulled from the game and the PC switches to origin client.
Message 26 of 158 (3,093 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having the same issue here as well. This just started for me today. Frown 

Message 27 of 158 (3,077 Views)

★★ Novice

Same issue here and it seems to be getting worse.  It started couple days ago.  Origin has been crashing also at start-up for about 2 weeks already.

Message 28 of 158 (3,072 Views)

★ Novice

Hello,

It's exactly the same for me too.

I hate to say this, but this was not only intended but planned for. You see, EA is sick and tired of Steam taking the market share of game sales, so they programmed their client to come to the front of the screen always, just to say "look at me, buy from us". The idea that you cannot play what you purchase is secondary to them, not important.

So don't plan on getting this "feature" fixed anytime soon.

As for the client itself, no it does not try to update games, it simply intentionally gets itself in front of any screen you're at, and like I said before, this is intentiontal

Message 29 of 158 (3,046 Views)

Yet another thread about the Out of Focus Issue caused by Origin +Fix

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Thanks to the user @MADrag0n I was able to fix this ridiculous bug that makes Origin go on top of the Game Window, making us get disconnected from the match.

The thread with the solution is right here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Tehnicheskie-voprosy/Esli-u-vas-glyuki-posle-obnovy-Origin-10-5-68-39605-7...

Basically we have to stop Origin services and then delete the contents on the folders:

"C:\ProgramData\Electronic Arts\EA Services\License"

and

"C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Electronic Arts\EA Services\License"

I want my matches back!

I've lost 6 games to this bug while playing Online Seasons. This is totally unfair! It was not my fault!

Message 30 of 158 (2,812 Views)