Origin launcher keeps pulling out of the game to the desktop.

by kcjonny77

Original Post

Re: Origin launcher keeps pulling out of the game to the desktop.

★★ Novice

My friend had been having this issue for a while, my client updated today and now I get pulled out of any game telling me other games need updating even though I have specifically put in my settings to only update games when I say so and yet it'll drag me out for a game I haven't played in months

Message 11 of 158 (2,962 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue. Origin client pops up in the middle of a game. Have it during Battlefield 5 and even during Secret of Monkey Island 2....

Message 12 of 158 (2,904 Views)

★ Apprentice

Having the same issues in BF V, makes it impossible to play.  Every 5 minutes like clockwork.

This just started last night after I updated Origin.  I’ve cleared cache, tried a repair on BF V, and uninstalled and reinstalled Origin.  I have the latest video drivers and all Windows updates. I have exclusions in A/V and firewall for Origin and BF V.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Is it possible to Get the last version of Origin back?

Message 13 of 158 (2,894 Views)

★★ Novice
@kcjonny77 happening to me too had to uninstall every game buy apex cuz my friends said it kept saying i was playing games over and over that i wasnt even playing cuz the launcher kept doing it while i was in apex
idk if its apex or origins but apex all laggy to crap too
Message 14 of 158 (2,873 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

i have the same ****

it comes as if i did alt+tab

which i never did

i lost a lot of points in fifa because of this ****

I'm using win 10

Message 15 of 158 (2,822 Views)

★★ Novice
@th3gamejoker Same on madden20
Message 16 of 158 (2,802 Views)

★★ Guide

Also having the same issue in BFV since recent Origin update.  The game minimizes to taskbar.  This makes the game unplayable.  This needs to be fixed ASAP!

Message 17 of 158 (2,792 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

This is happening even on desktop for me. Jumps to the front of whatever window I have open and takes control of my keyboard. 

Kind of unacceptable because it makes any Origin game unplayable. Also can't use any other apps on my computer while I have origin minimized. 

Message 18 of 158 (2,790 Views)

Apex Legends closing out to desktop screen while playing.... Need Help Plz...

★★ Novice

so i have been having a problem with apex.... what happens is when im playing it or even in the lobby i will get pulled out of the game and taken to my desktop like i hit the windows button... it happens about 3-4 or even more times each match..... it does happen when im on the net or doing anything else only with origin.... i was wondering if anyone else is having the same problem that im having and wondering what to do since ea cant seem to fix anything or even take any calls smh.....

Message 19 of 158 (2,617 Views)

Re: Apex Legends closing out to desktop screen while playing.... Need Help Plz..

★★★★★ Novice
@ProMetheusXI85 I actually have the same problem and contacted EA 3 times! and followed their steps.. it keeps crashing while in game in random times.. haven't found a solution yet though.. this has happened right after the last update which was done yesterday
Message 20 of 158 (2,596 Views)