Origin keeps updating every time I turn my computer on

by jamberrycrunch

Original Post

Re: Origin keeps updating every time I turn my computer on

Community Manager

@Rybay-BK- Hi,

Thanks for letting us know that you were able to resolve it!

Have fun with your games. Standard smile

Cheers,

Nils

Message 21 of 28 (1,342 Views)

★★★★ Guide

OMFnG this is getting ridiculous.

The new version of Origin sucks anyway and it has to update to it every single time I launch a game?

If I was ever to switch to console gaming...it would be because of Origin.

I'm cancelling my Origin Access and getting all the titles I can from Steam.

Message 22 of 28 (1,319 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Don't ever run any sort of RegCleaner.  It's a good way to mess up your system beyond repair.

Message 23 of 28 (1,208 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

No such thing as "application settings" under "origin." Both looked for it AND put it in "run" Nope.

Message 24 of 28 (1,178 Views)

★ Novice

It appears the solution for all issues with the origin launcher are much simpler to resolve than most make it seem, all issues can be resolved in two simple steps, these are two steps that are especially handy since Origin has so many issues:

Step 1: uninstall Origin

Step 2: pat yourself on the back for saving yourself from the many thousands of headaches the garbage launcher would have caused you in the future, you have just extended your life from the stress taken away by no longer having to deal with the launcher!

Message 25 of 28 (949 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is RIDICULOUS! It shouldn't be this hard to get a game to work correctly! I am just not that savvy with computer programs and your solution for stopping sims4 from constantly needing updating is convoluted and confusing! Origin or whoever makes this game needs to fix this on THEIR END! Fix the damn game!!!

Message 26 of 28 (737 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Jarottd TrueStory ... my 14 teen year old is going into a "Digital Comma" if she get traumatized I'm calling a lawyer.
Message 27 of 28 (639 Views)

★ Novice

My problem is worse Origin wants to update for every game - even non-origin based games and will not allow me to play ANY game till it does. Seriously? Run it as Administrator - done - duh. Still has to update every freakin game - GOD I am so * sick of Origin!!@!!!!!!!!!!!!@

Message 28 of 28 (508 Views)