Re: Origin keeps going offline midway through the update

by dgillatt77

Original Post

Origin keeps going offline midway through the update

★★ Novice

Origin keeps going offline midway through the update. I cannot therefore update the new game. Resetting Origin does nothing, neither does restarting my PC.

Message 1 of 9 (9,437 Views)

★★ Novice

This is the message I get Sorry for the inconvenience, but we had to disconnect you because a mandatory update went live. Please exit your game and restart Origin to get the newest update and get back online.

Message 2 of 9 (9,417 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@dgillatt77

You probably have an unrealized update of Origin from April 2.
and there is Origin update also. You have to update Origin first.
Log out of Origin and log in again. The Origin update will start.

If you do not receive information about coming Origin update when logging in, check the Origin updates manually.

https://help.ea.com/en-in/help/origin/origin/download-install-update-origin/
After updating the Origin, go to the Game Library, right-click on the TS4 and select the update option.

I don't work for EA

Message 3 of 9 (9,404 Views)

★★★ Newbie
how do i update origin manually? and where do i find that TS4
Message 4 of 9 (9,350 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Per the help article that @kreatora shared, there is no "manual update" for Origin; you will need to install the newest version of Origin if your version is not updating appropriately.

1: Uninstall Origin.

2: Install the newest version of Origin using the installer from Origin.com: https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/download

3: Open Origin after it installs, and log in as normal. (You may have to reinstall your games if Origin can't locate them. If this occurs, make sure you move any save files and mods to their appropriate folders.)

- B

Message 5 of 9 (9,342 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Thanks for the link @dgillatt77 , the manual download and install fixed the problem

Message 6 of 9 (9,181 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
I had to do this. It was the only thing that worked. Glad something did! Standard smile Thanks!
Message 7 of 9 (8,508 Views)

Please Help!!! Annoying Origin Offline Mode Issue

★ Novice

Hey so whenever I open Origin, after a few seconds it goes into offline mode. When I try to go online I get a message saying "Sorry for the inconvenience, but we had to disconnect you because a mandatory update went live. Please exit your game and restart Origin to get the newest update and get back online". I've searched google for hours, and I haven't found a solution. My wifi connection is fine, and I have no idea how to "restart origin" since I'm not that good with tech. I can't open The Sims 4 gallery or anything and I have no idea what is going on. Please help!!!!!!!  

Message 8 of 9 (7,656 Views)

Re: Please Help!!! Annoying Origin Offline Mode Issue

EA DICE Team

@TinyFootsteps 

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the problems you're experiencing with Origin. We're looking into an issue that appears similar to what you are experiencing. Would you be able to:

• Gather Client_Log.txt and Bootstrap_Log.txt files from the folder %ProgramData%/Origin/Logs (you can copy/paste that link in File Explorer to open the folder)
  • List the Origin version number that you're trying to update from?
  • Let us know if you were updating from a Beta client, if you don't remember the version number?

You can attach the logs along with your reply. Any info you're able to provide will be a big help to us - thank you!

Message 9 of 9 (7,554 Views)