Origin keeps freezing whenever I try to repair Sims 3 game

by coffeenomilk3

Original Post

Origin keeps freezing whenever I try to repair Sims 3 game

★ Novice

My Sims 3 game has been crashing without telling me why, so I tried to use the "repair game" option in origin, but whenever It starts trying to "verify the files", it always freezes and I end up having to use task manager to exit out of Origin. This only happens with Origin, i've tried reinstalling it and it's doing the same thing.  Here is my dxdiag report. Thanks in advance!!

Message 1 of 6 (501 Views)

Re: Origin keeps freezing whenever I try to repair Sims 3 game

Community Manager

Hey @coffeenomilk3, I'm seeing a number of errors there so  the best thing to do is go ahead and run System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files:https://support.microsoft.com/en-ie/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-o...

Let us know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 6 (497 Views)

★ Novice

I was able to do the system file checker and when it was done, it gave me this message, does this mean Origin is fixed now ?

Message 3 of 6 (491 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @coffeenomilk3 have you tried Origin to see if it is working as it should?

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 4 of 6 (489 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Darko unfortunately it's doing the same thing, do you think uninstalling everything would fix my problem ?
Message 5 of 6 (480 Views)

@coffeenomilk3  The message after you ran DISM means it's fine, but it's worth running sfc as well if you haven't already:

sfc /scannow

Unless sfc reports that it found corrupt files and was unable to repair some of them, it's fine.

For the issue itself though, how much of your processor is Origin using when you try to repair?  You can see CPU use in the Task Manager.  If it's close to 100%, try force-closing the Origin Client Service and Origin Web Helper Service, both of which you'd see in the Task Manager's background processes list.

To answer your most recent question, uninstalling and reinstalling might be fine, but you might have the same issue.  And you might not even need to repair Sims 3: there are very few game issues that are fixed by a repair.  If you want to skip the step entirely, let me know what problem you're trying to solve.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 6 of 6 (451 Views)