Re: Origin keeps crashing

by UnumProvident101

Original Post

Origin keeps crashing

★★★ Novice

Hey,

I haven't opened up Origins since Sunday 29th March. My mom was playing Sims 4 all day then.

Well, today I tried booting it up again for her after work and to my surprise, Origin kept crashing. I tried clearing all my cashes, reinstalling and running as Admin.

No updates or changes have happened to my computer since Sunday, Steam works and my internet is fine and dandy but Origin is being a little problem child, if I have to hear my mom sigh near my ear again or read out all the titles of my book collection in my shelf and whether or not she read them or what she thinks they are really about......all because she is unable to play her Sims because Origins can't work and Sims 4 can't launch without launching Origin.....I can't really leave the house because of Covid19.....help

Message 1 of 6 (748 Views)

★★ Apprentice

It crashes on me on startup but after I sign in and close the window Origin doesn't crash

Message 2 of 6 (713 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @DrSkellyjelly94 I tested Origin just there and it is loading just fine so the issue you are seeing is most likely a system issue.

Do you see an error message when the crash occurs? Does it freeze and crash or just not open? Does it run in the background before closing?

The more info we have the better we can help.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 3 of 6 (669 Views)

★★★ Newbie

it is crashing for me as well 

Message 4 of 6 (614 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Darko all it says is just that origin.exe has crashed and i already tried to reinstall it. it stays in the background for a short bit like a second
Message 5 of 6 (613 Views)

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @Shy_Little_Neko.

Best thing to do when this occurs takes a couple of minutes to go through the following steps:

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 6 (571 Views)