Origin keeps Crashing, while Game files are verifying.

by hamza24aug

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin keeps Crashing, while Game files are verifying.

★ Apprentice

Hi all, 
I hope you all are doing great and staying safe!

So my issue is,

On new Origin install in clean install of windows, Origin was verifying installed games files and it crashed and kept crashing on every send error report and restart origin.

Then I ignored this and didn't open origin for more than a month.

Now I looked around and found program data folder of origin and 'LocalContent' was not to be deleted.

The games which are verifying and due to which the Origin software is crashing, names are mentioned there.

What kind of issue would this be?

I have deleted some of the game names which were in verifying portion of the software.

How to get this resolved for good?

MOREOVER!!!
WHY IS " ORIGIN ON THE HOUSE " CLOSED AND NOT VISIBLE NOW???

Message 1 of 38 (11,646 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin keeps Crashing, while Game files are verifying.

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Hi all,

So I have tried 2 steps, completely uninstalled Origin the hard-way and that also didn't help. 
When verifying Origin game files for Mass Effect 2 and BF4 origin again crashed.

I moved the game files folder to another partition and still Origin crashed.

Note: Files are not corrupt.

This crash was only resolved when I did the following: 

1. Moved the game folders of Mass Effect 2 and BF4 to another partition drive/ C drive as it had much space.
  2. Then I clicked on install BF 4 to the location where all of Origin Games were.
  3. I let it download a few MBs of data then I paused the download.
  4. While Origin was still running, I copied the moved folder files to the location where it was downloading the files (with the rest of Origin Games, that were working while this wasn't).
  5. When Copy was complete, I deleted an exe file which ran the Game and clicked Resume download. 
  6. It took some time while resuming as it was verifying the Game Files & also downloaded the same sized exe file which I already had.
  7. It was Successfully installed, Origin didn't crash and is now playable as it is in GameLibrary.

I repeated the same For Mass Effect 2 and it was also Successfully installed, Origin didn't crash and is now playable as it is in GameLibrary.

Thank you all for Looking after the issue with me! Most importantly @EA_Kent  thanks for your wonderful time in getting this resolved!

Do add me, if you would like to play with me!
Thanks!

The downloads:
Origin  download.png

All the Games:
Origin Games.png

Take care and Stay Safe!!

Regards,
Hamza Waseem

View in thread

Message 15 of 38 (13,105 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi @hamza24aug

Are you getting any specific error messages when the Origin client is crashing? If so, what is the full error? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 38 (11,572 Views)

★ Apprentice
@EA_Kent Hi, I don't get any errors or a error message.

When I opened origin, after loading for a while, it showed that's it is starting verifying game files of a game (Mass effect 2) and shortly after Origin crashed.

And it also asked from two options, to send crash report and restart origin & exit origin.
Message 3 of 38 (11,557 Views)

Community Manager

@hamza24aug 

Got it, thanks!

If clearing the Origin cache didn't help can you try fully uninstalling and reinstalling the client to see if that works as well? For more information on how to remove it check out the EA Help website

On the article I linked above I'd recommend following the steps to uninstall Origin "the hard way." Let me know if you're still having the same issues after that. Thanks again!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 38 (11,518 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@EA_KentHi, I tried something else to resolve this error.

In the Programdata folder of windows drive, I went in the cache and LocalContent folder and deleted the game name Mass Effect 2 folder which was verifying and causing Origin to crash.

When I started Origin again Mass effect wasn't shown but Battlefield 4 and it also crashed due to verifying of BF4. (as it again crashes due to bf4 verifying, I created this post).

Waited for a while a day, then I Deleted BF4 folder from LocalContent of Origin in ProgramData.
Being from IT background & After my own this and other diagnostics, the origin crash error is resolved.
Was able to run installed game, i.e Fifa 17 (just checked this for now).

{EDIT: Also I have not checked them by verifying them again as they might crash origin.} 

Waiting for your response on this! 

Regards,
Hamza Waseem

Message 5 of 38 (11,508 Views)

Community Manager

@hamza24aug 

Thanks for following up!

That's interesting. Unfortunately deleting the LocalContent folder will most likely prevent Origin from being able to launch some of the games in your Origin Library. Is it still in your Recycle Bin? If so, can you try restoring it and see if Origin still crashes? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 6 of 38 (11,446 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@EA_KentYou're most welcome, Kent!

Spoiler

Truth be told, I permanently deleted the "Mass effect 2" & "BF 4" folder in LocalContent and not the others.
And as a surprise the Origin crash stopped permanently, as it was due these games verification of ME 2 and Bf4 too.

I still have their local game files which can located and then it would verify and be playable.

I checked adding them again in the library one by one, i.e. again located the game files which started the verification process. Which again crashed Origin.

Started with Mass Effect 2 and located game files, verification started and origin crashed, without showing any error.
deleted from LocalContent game title folder(permanent delete) and Origin ran without any issues.

Did the same process with BF4 and it also crashed Origin.

My game files are still intact and they should work as they are the original ones and were downloaded from Origin launcher.

What would be the issue, and how could it be resolved???

[EDIT: Attached screenshots when crash happens, BF4 is still in localcontent and Origin crashes due to this, when i would delete BF4 folder crash would not occur.
Screenshot1 shows when Origin boots up to show home page, Screenshot 2 shows BF4 started Verifying, Screenshot 3 shows Crash and no error details
]

Screenshot 1 https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tkT9ss7ZZANJ4zY-AUHw-Dz_JseCt2IU/view?usp=sharing
Screenshot (1).png

Screenshot 2 https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RdlSFri6l8J1C259KSglVfWqAWlz8xSh/view?usp=sharing 
Screenshot (2).png

Screenshot 3 https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BF5A1a6cF4dbuOVY2VA55MWzlIrqSs-z/view?usp=sharing
Screenshot (3).png

Take care and Stay safe!

Best regards, 
Hamza Waseem

Message 7 of 38 (11,409 Views)

Community Manager

@hamza24aug 

Got it, thanks!

Did Origin allow you to actually launch either BF4 or Mass Effect 2 with the Local Content files removed? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 8 of 38 (11,385 Views)

★ Apprentice
@EA_Kent Hey Kent!
No I've not tried directly running from the exe files as first it would require to be in origin library as installed games.

So directly running the games would open up origin first and I think cause it to crash.
Regards,
Hamza Waseem
Message 9 of 38 (11,349 Views)

Community Manager

@hamza24aug 

Thanks for following up!

When you have a chance would you mind sharing a DxDiag? For more info on how to pull up the file check out the EA Help website. Once you have the text file please attach it to this thread. 

Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 10 of 38 (11,301 Views)