Re: Origin keeps Crashing, while Game files are verifying.

by hamza24aug

Original Post

★ Apprentice
@EA_Kent Hey Kent,
Alright, I'll add the dxdiag file in the next message, however , I don't think it would resolve any issues. As it would only include system details and I am also able to play other games as well like GTA5, csgo, Fifa 17.

Regards
Hamza Waseem
Message 11 of 38 (2,021 Views)

★ Apprentice

@EA_Kent  thanks for keeping through with me till now.

attached below dxdiag file.

Thanks,

Hamza Waseem

Message 12 of 38 (2,001 Views)

Community Manager

@hamza24aug 

Thanks! I appreciate that. 

Do you have Origin installed on the same storage drive as your game Library, or are they on separate drives? If they're on separate drives can you try moving them so they're on the same drive? I've seen some cases where having them installed in different locations can cause some issues like this. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 13 of 38 (1,984 Views)

★ Apprentice
@EA_Kent Hi Kent, they are on different drives, as a matter of fact, all the other game files are being picked up from this location where Mass Effect 2 and Bf4 files are, i.e.
BF3, NFS Most wanted, NFS 2015, Fifa 17 and they are working at & from the same location.

Regards,
Hamza Waseem
Message 14 of 38 (1,964 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Hi all,

So I have tried 2 steps, completely uninstalled Origin the hard-way and that also didn't help. 
When verifying Origin game files for Mass Effect 2 and BF4 origin again crashed.

I moved the game files folder to another partition and still Origin crashed.

Note: Files are not corrupt.

This crash was only resolved when I did the following: 

1. Moved the game folders of Mass Effect 2 and BF4 to another partition drive/ C drive as it had much space.
  2. Then I clicked on install BF 4 to the location where all of Origin Games were.
  3. I let it download a few MBs of data then I paused the download.
  4. While Origin was still running, I copied the moved folder files to the location where it was downloading the files (with the rest of Origin Games, that were working while this wasn't).
  5. When Copy was complete, I deleted an exe file which ran the Game and clicked Resume download. 
  6. It took some time while resuming as it was verifying the Game Files & also downloaded the same sized exe file which I already had.
  7. It was Successfully installed, Origin didn't crash and is now playable as it is in GameLibrary.

I repeated the same For Mass Effect 2 and it was also Successfully installed, Origin didn't crash and is now playable as it is in GameLibrary.

Thank you all for Looking after the issue with me! Most importantly @EA_Kent  thanks for your wonderful time in getting this resolved!

Do add me, if you would like to play with me!
Thanks!

The downloads:
Origin  download.png

All the Games:
Origin Games.png

Take care and Stay Safe!!

Regards,
Hamza Waseem

Message 15 of 38 (13,109 Views)

Community Manager

@hamza24aug 

Thank you for the information! I really appreciate you taking the time to write this up. I'm glad to hear you were able to figure out how to fix this, and hopefully this will be helpful if anyone else runs into a similar issue in the future. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 16 of 38 (1,893 Views)

★ Apprentice
@EA_Kent no worries, I was really glad & wanted to share my experience and how I was able to overcome this issue.
It always has been my motto to help others in need & if they are stuck I try my best to help them to the best of my abilities!

I also hope this post will help some other fellow members & gamers too!
And hopefully they won't be saddened that their Origin isn't working😂
Thank you for your response and for the time you have invested here with my issue!

Take care and Stay Safe everyone!! 😊

Regards,
Hamza Waseem
Message 17 of 38 (1,876 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@EA_Kent 

This is not some isolated problem that happens rarely. 

It happens every time!!!  Anyone can reproduce this bug and it's probably easy to fix.  Can't you just contact the developers and put them to work? You would save a lot of frustration and a lot of your time.

You seriously need to change something about your approach. Offering weird and complicated work arounds for critical bugs is not a good way to solve problems. 

No wonder people are mad and don't want to use origin anymore. 

Message 18 of 38 (1,722 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yeah, that's a work around not a fix and the solution of "move game files to the same drive as the launcher" is not a fix either. I reserve my SSD for only certain games, the rest can stay on the hard drive, I would like to be able to install certain games in certain places, like all other launchers allow you to do.

Instead, now my Origin keeps crashing constantly because I moved the Sims 4 location to my SSD and it crashes trying to verify that.

Hopefully this is fixed in the new launcher, but I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't since we're offered work arounds instead of actually getting the root problem fixed.

Message 19 of 38 (1,611 Views)

★ Apprentice

@PioneerRaptor  I hope you have followed the steps I listed above in my reply and marked it as solution as well

Link to the resolution of issue

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Client-Web-Technical/Origin-keeps-Crashing-while-Game-files-are-ver...

So if you follow the steps from 1 to 6 listed above you would be able to play your game without having to download it from the start.

If you won't like to download of from the beginning, then 

You would just need to do some moving here and there & few other steps and you would be good to go.

I can guide you into fixing it, if you want. 

Regards.

Message 20 of 38 (1,585 Views)