Re: Origin istallation .dll errors

by Cantiras

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin istallation .dll errors

★★ Novice

I'm trying to download origin but when i do i get the error messages "the code execution cannot proceed because MSVCP140.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem." and "The code execution cannot proceed because VCRUNTIME140.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem." i have checked in(  Windows(CStandard smile/ Windows / System32 ) and the files are there so i thought they might be corrupted so i manually did a scan and fix using command prompts and it said that it had successfully found and repaired all corrupted files, yet when i run the origin set up again i get the same errors. anybody know how to fix this?

Message 1 of 16 (2,692 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@AtkoAJ Do you have both the x86-64 and x86 Microsoft Visual C++ redistributables installed? When you said you found safe versions of those files, do you mean you already tried reinstalling the Microsoft Visual C++ redistributables or did you get them from some other source than the installer binaries?

If you haven't already tried it, uninstall both the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 Redistributable (x64) and Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 Redistributable (x86) from your computer. If both are installed, uninstall both. If only one is installed, uninstall it. Then go to https://support.microsoft.com/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads. Download both vc_redist.x64.exe and vc_redist.x86.exe linked under the heading "Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019" and install them. Once they are installed, retry installing Origin.

View in thread

Message 3 of 16 (2,616 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

I have now also found safe versions of those files to replace them with but still no luck.

Message 2 of 16 (2,677 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@AtkoAJ Do you have both the x86-64 and x86 Microsoft Visual C++ redistributables installed? When you said you found safe versions of those files, do you mean you already tried reinstalling the Microsoft Visual C++ redistributables or did you get them from some other source than the installer binaries?

If you haven't already tried it, uninstall both the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 Redistributable (x64) and Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 Redistributable (x86) from your computer. If both are installed, uninstall both. If only one is installed, uninstall it. Then go to https://support.microsoft.com/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads. Download both vc_redist.x64.exe and vc_redist.x86.exe linked under the heading "Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019" and install them. Once they are installed, retry installing Origin.

Message 3 of 16 (2,617 Views)

★★ Novice

@Cantiras I had already tried this from a youtube video but i think the downloads must have just been out dated, your ones worked thank you, and when i said i found safe files i meant both of them individually from a file dump type website.

Message 4 of 16 (2,599 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@Cantiras I LUV U!! Thanks for the help! I can play my sims again!!
WOO HOO! : - )
Message 5 of 16 (2,177 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Cantiras omgosh omgosh!
Thank you SO much for this!! I was installing (trying to) Origin [after installing Win-10 [which I HATE] and kept getting this error. I shouted out 'nothing in this house is ever easy- ever! Who would foresee a problem? I hadn't, but there it was.
Then found this little gem and BAM- I'm in business again.
THANK YOU!!
Message 6 of 16 (2,088 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@AtkoAJ I am having the same problem, I downloaded the things @Cantiras said to download, but I don't know how to uninstall Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019, I don't think those were installed to begin with. I don't know how to uninstall or delete anything, please help me!!!
Message 7 of 16 (1,896 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@HermioneGr4nger It's possible they aren't installed on your system. I am assuming you are using Windows 10; if that is incorrect, please let me know.

1) Type Apps & features into the Windows Search box, then select Apps & features at the top of the results.

search.png

If that doesn't work for you, you can instead press the Windows + i keys on your keyboard (i.e. hold down the Windows key, then press the i key) in order to open Windows Settings. Once Windows Settings is open, you can either select "Apps" or type Apps & features in the "Find a setting" search box.

2) Once you've opened "Apps & features" in Windows Settings, you can either scroll down through the list to the entries beginning with "Microsoft", or you can type Visual C++ into the apps search box (be sure not to make a typo), which should narrow the list down to any Microsoft Visual C++ redistributables installed; if you don't see any listings named "Microsoft Visual C++" then none are installed. 

apps.PNG

Only uninstall Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 Redistributable (x64) and Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 Redistributable (x86), if either are already installed (if you click on one of the listings, you will see two buttons, one labeled "Modify", and one labeled "Uninstall").

3) Once Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 Redistributable (x64) and Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 Redistributable (x86) have been uninstalled (if they were already installed), then install vc_redist.x86.exe and vc_redist.x64.exe.

Message 8 of 16 (1,889 Views)

★★★ Newbie

my sims game is not working becaese of [5de4b8a3:29f00e76:00000000:00000000]

Message 9 of 16 (1,787 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hi,

ive tried everything youve said as well as deleting and reinstalling them multiple times but nothing seems to be working, any other ideas on how to help?

Message 10 of 16 (1,591 Views)