Origin is waiting for permission to download a game.

by MightySDS

Original Post

Re: Download Issues

★★★★★ Apprentice

So I got my friend to try downloading my games and it worked instantaneously, but when I try, I get asked for permission. This is ridiculous

Message 51 of 234 (11,947 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@SpookehBoi
You are right that the issue is not solved, at least for me it is not, but things can go wrong by just having a wrong motherboard, or cpu. I mean the motherboard is not wrong, the app is that it cannot work or deliberately will not work with specific ones, therefore I see that this might be our issue.

Can you tell me what Motherboard do you have? You can check it by pressing Win+R and running MSINFO32. You can see the company of the MB, Type, and Name of it.
- Mine is an Asus P6T Deluxe V2, BUT MSINFO32 DOES NOT SHOW IT!!!
Therefore I assume the issue might be, that its drivers are not installed properly. I tried to install them, but there was no support for windows 10, and the windows 7 drivers were not compatible so I'm in a bad situation.
I suggest you @SpookehBoi to check on msconfig32, motherboard section, and if it says unknown on something, try checking the physical motherboard and check the internet for some drivers for it.

I can't believe that even though they asked for our MSCONFIG they did not see this blatant issue that it says unknown motherboard...

Message 52 of 234 (11,932 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Assuming that the Motherboard is referred to as the 'System' its an ASUS all series. I think the exact designation is an ASUS H81M-E.

Message 53 of 234 (11,916 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I have had this same downloading problem with about every other Battlefield 1 update.  This problem has gone on for years and EA has not solved it.  I find it a bad business practice to blame the operating system and hardware when the game was working perfectly well just before the attempted update.  Somewhere along the line, EA has failed to research this problem and to offer a viable and robust solution.  Replace the motherboard?  Reinstall Windows 10?  I'll be glad to do these fixes if you can guarantee that they will work and that EA will pay for a new motherboard and pay me $50/hr to reload Windows 10.

With regard to the possibility of the motherboard being responsible, why would EA/DICE make changes, after years of Battlefield titles, that would require a new motherboard??   

Why is it that other programs don't have similar installation problems?  It must be due to faulty EA coding...

Message 54 of 234 (11,830 Views)

★★★ Novice

i have same problem, i contact origin ea support and he is say:

disable uac
disable firewall

disable antivirus and delete
clean boot

starting windows safemode with network

trying on origin safe download

I try all solitions but not fixed, thanks for helping EA Origin

Message 55 of 234 (11,759 Views)

Origin is waiting for permission to download a game.

★★★★ Novice

I'm having a persistent issue where I get the error message "Origin needs to download files and is waiting for permission. Please choose "Yes" when Windows prompts you for permission." whenever I try to download any game.

I've noticed people have had this issue before and none of the solutions have worked for me, so maybe I can get some help here. Now what I've done to try and fix this is pretty much everything. I've tried every UAC setting imaginable(none, max) and done restarts to my pc and Origin installs-uninstalls every time I changed something. I've tried installing Origin on a different drive and repeating the procedure. I've tried to talk to EA Tech Support where I was instructed to delete my temp folder and restart PC, which also didn't work. Tried running the program as Administrator. Changed the permissions for folders and even C drive. I EVEN DID A CLEAN INSTALL of Windows 7 which netted me the same results... this is just pure madness at this point and I've wasted several evenings just trying to get this damn thing to DOWNLOAD THE GAMES THAT I BOUGHT WITH MY MONEY.

I have checked the logs and I think I know what's causing it, I just don't know how to fix it.

Basically in the log files there's a line: Escalation failure: kCommandErrorNotElevatedUser System Error: 0 Command: checkIsRunningElevatedAndUACOK UAC Reason: createFolderElevated (C:\ProgramData\Origin\CatalogCache)

That's just for trying to create a folder for some cache files in Program Data and when you try to download say Battlefield 4 you get: Unable to open install flow manifest: C:\ProgramData\Origin\LocalContent\Battlefield 4\OFB-EAST109552156.mfst

and

Error(OFB-EAST:109552156): EscalationFailureAdminRequired, Context(OFB-EAST:109552156): Download could not start

Other interesting things I noticed is that for example there was no LocalContent folder in Program Data and log file had this line: C:\ProgramData\Origin/Logs/Client_Log. I'm not a programmer, but I doubt that it should use forward slash and back slash when designating a location on the drive.

I have to note that this issue has persisted on the same machine through different Windows versions as well. I've tried 7, 8.1 and 10 with the same outcome. That kind of makes me think it *could* be a hardware issue, but other than Origin not working properly, I've had no issues whatsoever with the PC. I've basically tried everything imaginable and I'm frustrated to all hell at this point.

Please help...

Message 56 of 234 (33,117 Views)

Re: Origin is waiting for permission to download a game.

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Other peculiarities that I've noticed and forgot to mention in the post are:

Every time Origin starts it opens Settings menu and not the menu you set it to open by default on start(Game Library, Store etc)

Origin can't seem to use the default folder for game install, when it exists or doesn't(C:\Program Files (x86)\OriginGame) and prompts you to choose a different folder.

Message 57 of 234 (33,102 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Hi @MightySDS

Clear Origin cache https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/origin-my-games-list-is-blank/

Delete temp files: open the Start Menu and type %temp%  in the Search field  or click in the Run option in the Start Menu and type %temp% in the Run field.Press Enter and a Temp folder should open. You can delete all files found in this folder, and if any files are in use, they can be skipped.

Restart your machine .

Perform a Clean Boot   https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/FAQ/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

Run the setup file Origin with Admin rights  http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-do-i-run-a-program-or-a-game-as-an-administrator/#2

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours.I'm a gamer like you, trying to help you (i'm not an EA employee).

If you want to know us or/and come up with ideas to improve the Origin platform or/and talk about anything and many more besides,you could also visit the NEW section Origin General Discussion http://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/bd-p/origin-general-discussion-en

Retired champion.
Message 58 of 234 (33,067 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yeah, that's what EA hotline told me to do and I did it which didn't help.

I have now installed Windows 10(formatted the drive and performed clean install), activated it, got the latest Windows updates and still can't download games.

Am I just cursed or something?

Message 59 of 234 (33,062 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Ok @MightySDS

Make sure you have enough space in the partition where you want to install the game and/or dlc's.

If it is a different partition than what you installed Origin , you need to create this Origin Games folder because Origin must knows where to download and install the game, otherwise it can not.

Go in Origin / Application Settings / Installs & Saves- here / On your computer - >Game library location- >here you change the partition where you want to install the game.

NOTE If your issue persists go to the Origin client, click on Origin / Application Settings / Diagnostics- and from there enablSafe Mode Downloading.

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours.I'm a gamer like you, trying to help you (i'm not an EA employee).

If you want to know us or/and come up with ideas to improve the Origin platform or/and talk about anything and many more besides,you could also visit the NEW section Origin General Discussion http://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/bd-p/origin-general-discussion-en

Retired champion.
Message 60 of 234 (33,049 Views)