Origin is waiting for permission. Can't download any game.

by Gr3gYx101

Original Post

Re: Origin is waiting for permission. Can't download any game.

★★ Novice

and in today that problem come again

Message 81 of 234 (2,350 Views)

★★ Novice

Same here ,i've tried everything .Uninstall ,Reinstall ,......

And at this point i'm gonno delete this trash launcher ,and never install Origin again. shame on you EA ,you cant even make a decent launcher .how hard can it be?! how idiot is ur dev team??!! God bless Steam.

Message 82 of 234 (2,160 Views)

Re: Origin is waiting for permission to download a game.

★ Novice

Thank you so much, this worked for me!

Message 83 of 234 (2,319 Views)

★★ Novice

Yeah I have the same problem. Where is EA support? At least acknowledge you see and are working on it.

Message 84 of 234 (2,300 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Finally solved it with kinda dumb method but it's the only one that worked for me.

My friend sent me an Origin folder (C:\Program Files\Origin or whatever this folder's path is) from their PC. I uninstalled my Origin and then pasted this folder where I liked it to be

(C:\Program Files or the other location you want for Origin). Then I launched Origin app from this folder and wonderfully it began to download a game without any issues.

Hope this will help someone.

Message 85 of 234 (2,128 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for posting this. I installed Origin on my Windows 10 laptop this week, and it does not want to download any game. I do have the Origin client working on my wifes Windows 7 machine, so I'm going to try this copy/paste of the working install folder from her machine after I uninstall it on this machine. I would have never thought of that, and I have literally tried every other solution posted on this issue. Thanks! I will post the results later.

Message 86 of 234 (2,528 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Ok, Origin will now download games and sends me the prompts on where the save the game, etc. Here's what I did. I copied all files from my wifes PC from the C:\Program Files x86)\Origin folder to a USB thumbdrive. I then uninstalled Origin from my PC. Reboot. I checked the Origin folder on my PC, and deleted all remaining files. Then I copied all of the files from the USB drive to the Origin folder on my PC. I launched Origin, logged back in, and it will now download the games. Now to figure out why 'The Escapists' won't launch, but I've confirmed at least Sim City would download and launch. Thanks nowhaat! [EDIT] 'The Escapists' is now working as well. A repair from the game options menu was all that was needed.

Message 87 of 234 (2,488 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@SkySoldier82d np, glad it helped youStandard smile
Message 88 of 234 (2,429 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

This just started happening to me yesterday.  Last time I was able to successfully play a game was 11/28, the day after Thanksgiving.  Something has changed since then, and now, because there are updates waiting for both Madden 20 and Jedi Fallen Order, I cannot play either game. 

I have uninstalled and reinstalled origin, and completely uninstalled the games to try to reinstall them, and now I can't even redownload the full games.  I even downloaded the latest version of Origin direct from EA, and tried choosing the BETA option as well. 

I have changed the UAC settings to NEVER notify, and to ALWAYS notify, and changing that doesn't seem to work either.

The only thing that worked was booting into safe mode w/ networking.  Then I was finally able to download the games.

Message 89 of 234 (2,395 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So... Have same problem. But just have to point out: Origin update has been working for a while now. I haven't changed anything since last time I have updated.

So.. This has to be something Origin side, just make logical sense, if nothing changes client side, and stuff stops working, then something has changed.

@Origin, this is actually revoking user's rights to access purchased software?

Message 90 of 234 (2,220 Views)