Origin is waiting for permission. Can't download any game.

by Gr3gYx101

Original Post

Re: Origin is waiting for permission. Can't download any game.

★★★★★ Newbie
really help, thanks.
Message 91 of 234 (2,413 Views)

Re: Download Issues

★★★ Newbie

Just do like me and request they cancel your account...sure i lost access to a few games but that is better than having to deal with this company....just bit the bullet and wait for it not to be exclusive to EPIC or not buy Origin games...that going to be my fix....my Alienware can play all other games including VR games with no issue from any launchers...EXCEPT Origin...they just want you money not really careing if you can play...as seen in this forum with no fix for the Origin Launcher. Hell i dought they will even delete my data from their servers like I requested....but i got a little surprise for them if they dont....a profitable surprise for me not them. This is the only fix I have found where i get satisfaction. There are companies that no one should do business with.....Epic and Origin seem to want on that list ...so now they are on it for me...my IT customers and Companies i work with that pay for  my recommendations on companies that are safe to work with. I have had Steam for 15 years...never had this level of incompetence from them..... not all new services  are worth the troubles.

Message 92 of 234 (2,405 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

So I was having the same issue on my computer yesterday (could not download anything and it gave me the same error message). 

I just wanted to say that I tried what a few others have mentioned here - I uninstalled Origin and had my friend send me his Origin folder on his computer... and it worked!

Before that, I tried cache clearing, reinstalling Origin, restarting computer, and a lot of other stuff but none of those worked.

I am basically computer illiterate so I have no idea why that specific method worked but just passing the word along on that.

Message 93 of 234 (2,383 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It's really unfortunate that EA's tech support has a default response of "blame someone else for the problem" when it's obviously an issue with their client.

It's unprofessional, and borders on fraud.

Having said that, I fixed the issue by doing the following:

1. Completely uninstalled the client and deleted any Origin leftover folder's sitting in "C:/Program Files (x86)

2. Reboot

3. Re-installed latest Origin client with "Run As Administrator"

4. After install had completed I immediately attempted to install the game I previously couldn't get to download.

This worked for me.  Hope it helps anyone else having the problem that doesn't have access to alternative Origin folder.

Message 94 of 234 (2,318 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried these steps as well as every other step in this thread and I still cannot download Fallen Order. This is ridiculous... I bought the game through steam and if I cannot play it I'm going to request a refund. Not wasting my time with EA anymore.

Message 95 of 234 (2,270 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This worked for me!

ELzlnxBXUAA55yH.png

Message 96 of 234 (2,232 Views)

Re: Download Issues

★★★ Novice
@Gr3gYx101 Will reinstalling windows wipe your PC though? I imagine it would, but I'm not sure. I had an issue with this awhile back as well, when I was trying to redownload it on a new laptop.
Message 97 of 234 (2,098 Views)

Re: Origin is waiting for permission to download a game.

★★★ Newbie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCNOoE1Rpu4

NOTE: Is not safe! (Many viruses use .exe ) Recommend download and than disable back  guess that will ur problem

Message 98 of 234 (2,206 Views)

★★★ Newbie

ERASE EVERYTHING ABOUT ORIGIN  in ur computer (done?) then install the origin(thin)installer from their website install the launcher then Basicaly you can download again hope work !

Message 99 of 234 (2,062 Views)

Re: Origin is waiting for permission to download a game.

★★★ Newbie

So the link may not work;  ERASE EVERYTHING ABOUT ORIGIN  in ur computer (done?) then install the origin(thin)installer from their website install the launcher then Basicaly you can download again hope work !

Message 100 of 234 (2,197 Views)