Origin is not "starting"

by pkisbest

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin is not "starting"

★★ Novice

So i've got it so my origin auto boots up when i start the computer. But for the last....2-3 days or so, it "starts" as per say, but i can't actually access it. 

It also sits there passively taking up the majority of my CPU usage.

I've tried a full reinstall of the program, but to no avail. I've also taken the liberty of uninstalling the one game i currently had install.

I've also tried running it as Admin but it didn't work either.

Message 1 of 3 (414 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin is not "starting"

★★ Novice

Fixed the issue - did a clean boot of the system, and updated windows to the newest update. Unsure which one did the trick, but one of them did.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (388 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

Fixed the issue - did a clean boot of the system, and updated windows to the newest update. Unsure which one did the trick, but one of them did.

Message 2 of 3 (389 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Update on the potential cause: 

So it appears when the app runs properly, that both the Origin Client Service and Origin Web Helper Service both "Stop" running after it launches.

However, when the app stops working (when i did a normal boot up) the Web Helper keeps running. If you stop it, it continues.

I tested this by doing a clean boot, but with only the 2 origin services disabled instead of all the drivers.

When a normal boot occurred (with the services enabled) the issue became apparent.

EDIT: After testing disabling each of the 2 services, the Origin Web Helper Service is the one causing the issue....I'm unsure of a fix at this time.

Message 3 of 3 (380 Views)