Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number RTX 2080 TI
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16GB
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Game Menu
In which game menu were you when the bug occurred? Origin Menu
Please select your region Australia
On which server did this happen?
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 16.01.19 12:44
Summarize your bug Origin fails to download the update.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Update the game via Origin client, apparently.
What happens when the bug occurs? I recieve a dialogue stating the following: Origin is not able to download Battlefield™ V Deluxe Edition to C:\Games\Battlefield V\Data\Win32\installation\patch20installpkg\cas.cat_DiP_STAGED
What should be happening instead? It should download the patch.

"Origin is not able to download Battlefield™ V Deluxe Edition to C:\Games\Battlefield V\Data\Win32\installation\patch20installpkg\cas.cat_DiP_STAGED"

I have enabled Safe Mode Downloading to no avail.

I have removed it from one hard drive and tried installing it on another; it just gets stuck at 98%. I tried re-starting it over and over, removing and relocating the files on a second HDD, since it can't read the primary SSD. It gets stuck locating / preparing at 50.77GB of 50.77GB with no evidence of disk usage and appears unable to create the Patch20Install folder or any contents thereof.

I enabled Administrator mode under compatibility settings and told it to locate game files. It identified 100% of the files, then began downloading the update; 98% completion, 0h 0m 0s remaining, 50.76GB / 51.41GB, 0 B / sec. It just isn't downloading anything. No firewall issue - it re-downloaded as it needed to in the previous repair today.

Message 1 of 4 (883 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin is not able to download Battlefield [patch folder] [file name]

Community Manager
Hey @Chalitalm17,

This thread is a few years old so I'll be locking it here to avoid other necroposting.

If you're currently having some trouble installing a game, one workaround for a current situation we're seeing is to try installing a free-to-play game such as Apex Legends.

You don't need to fully download the game, just let the installation start, cancel it, and see if you're then able to download your games afterwards.

If you're still having trouble after this do feel free to start a new thread, thanks!
Mako.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (387 Views)

All Replies

★★ Guide
Thank you Atic, I had a hard time finding the Origin section.
Message 2 of 4 (837 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Lo pudiste solucionar

Message 3 of 4 (418 Views)

Community Manager
Hey @Chalitalm17,

This thread is a few years old so I'll be locking it here to avoid other necroposting.

If you're currently having some trouble installing a game, one workaround for a current situation we're seeing is to try installing a free-to-play game such as Apex Legends.

You don't need to fully download the game, just let the installation start, cancel it, and see if you're then able to download your games afterwards.

If you're still having trouble after this do feel free to start a new thread, thanks!
Mako.png
Message 4 of 4 (388 Views)