Accepted Solution

Origin is not able to download Battlefield V to [patch folder] [file name]

★ Novice

Product: Battlefield V
Platform:PC

Trying to update Battlefield V 6.2

It should download the patch. But instead it gives this message:

"Origin is not able to download Battlefield™ V  to *\Games\Battlefield V\"

"Please check that the location is available or cancel and restart the download to another location"

Before you ask. Origin is running as administrator and space on hard drive is not an problem.

Message 1 of 10 (1,292 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin is not able to download Battlefield V to [patch folder] [file name]

Community Manager

Hey @Keir_Stalker

When you have the chance can you try setting up a Clean Boot on your PC to test and see if that helps at all? If there's something else running on your PC that could be causing this that might help to get around it. 

For more details on how to set one up check out the EA Help website. Let me know how that goes when you've got a chance. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 6 of 10 (1,099 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @AndySuonsilma

If you're still having some trouble with the download I'd recommend clearing out your Origin cache to see if that helps at all. In some cases clearing the cache can help out with download or installation issues. 

You can find more information on how to clear the cache over at the EA Help website. Let me know how it goes when you're able to give it a shot. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 10 (1,238 Views)

★ Novice

i am having the same problem here but with apex and nothing has worked including clearing the Origin cache 

Message 3 of 10 (1,151 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @Keir_Stalker

In some cases errors like this can come up when something is blocking Origin from writing/editing files on your PC. Have you checked to make sure there's an exception for Origin in your security software? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 10 (1,133 Views)

★ Novice

it has no restrictions and has been granted all the access it should require

Message 5 of 10 (1,120 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Keir_Stalker

When you have the chance can you try setting up a Clean Boot on your PC to test and see if that helps at all? If there's something else running on your PC that could be causing this that might help to get around it. 

For more details on how to set one up check out the EA Help website. Let me know how that goes when you've got a chance. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 6 of 10 (1,100 Views)

★ Novice

That seems to have done the trick, my games are now updating and everything thank you

Message 7 of 10 (1,085 Views)

Community Manager

@Keir_Stalker 

Nice, thanks for letting me know it's working now! Thumbs up

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 8 of 10 (1,055 Views)

I cant seem to download Battlefront 2 onto my hard drive.

★★★ Novice

I'm trying to install battlefront 2 onto my external SSD hard drive. The download gets to 36% and says there is an error, with the following message.

Origin is not able to download STAR WARS™ Battlefront™ II to G:\Origin Games\STAR WARS Battlefront II\Data\Win32\installation\sp_a1\cas_09.cas_DiP_STAGED.

Please check that the location is available or cancel and restart the download to another location.

I checked the files, and cas_09.cas_DiP_STAGED is not there. I've tried pretty much all the troubleshooting methods! How can I get this file if it won't download? What else can I try?

Any help would be much appreciated! 

Message 9 of 10 (949 Views)

Re: I cant seem to download Battlefront 2 onto my hard drive.

Community Manager

Hi @Luigimanou

Are you trying to download the game through Origin, or are you using a different client? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 10 of 10 (909 Views)