Origin is incredibly slow and unresponsive

by bubbaruski

Original Post

Re: Origin is incredibly slow and unresponsive

★★★ Newbie

Yep, still happening. Nothing loading and if it does, it takes 10 minutes.  Games wont install. Launcher is just busted.  Have reinstalled many times. Going to try the Old version "fix" and see...Apparently they are aware of some issues with games not wanting to install but I feel like it is probably all related and not being fixed very fast at all...

Message 31 of 59 (2,401 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

HERE IS THE FIX!  Link to where I got it and the steps below so you don't have to click the link! I also clicked the checkbox for the launcher to install Beta Updates. Some combination of these things fixed it!

https://www.reddit.com/r/origin/comments/efkqg4/origin_needs_to_download_files_and_is_waiting_for/?u...

-Close Origin

-Windows + Tab + X

-Click "Computer Management"

-In the Left pane click "Services and Applications"

-In the middle pane double click "Services"

-Scroll down to "Origin Client Service" and double click it

-Under the "General tab" change the "Startup type" drop-down menu to "Disabled"

-Relaunch Origin

WHY CAN'T THE DEVS FIX THIS?!?!  SOME DUDE ON REDDIT MANAGED TO!!!!!!!!!!  Clear the fing cache...ffs...get your poop in a group EA!

Message 32 of 59 (2,395 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Yodamoo in the latest version of origin you can go into the application settings and choose "try the beta launcher", if all else fails you could give this a try. It did not completly solve the lag issues I was having, but it got better.

As I explained in my previous post, the current state of the origin launcher will bassicly NEVER work butter smooth compared to other game launchers as the origin launcher is nothing more then a glorified web browser ( you visit the origin website with your launcher ).
Message 33 of 59 (2,394 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Everything else works just fine, why is origin so slow?

Message 34 of 59 (2,187 Views)

★★★ Newbie

its not the system, uplay works fine, steam works fine chrome works fine, i can the latest games at 140+ fps on ultra sewttings, its literally just origin, fix it and stop blaming the * community ok?

Message 35 of 59 (2,142 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Why can't you agree on fact that origin SUCKS. Also all the game in its library sucks. Instead of blaming PC's, GET BETTER. 

Message 36 of 59 (2,077 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

as of today, 6/23/2020 the method of disabling the service from that reddit thread does absolute nothing..... didnt solve my problem.. also very slow and clunky, spiking and half freezing every 10 seconds!

Message 37 of 59 (1,828 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Lmao * ea worker here

Message 38 of 59 (1,793 Views)

★★ Novice

notice that the CM from EA has gone silent .... WTH man ?

Message 39 of 59 (1,760 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@bubbaruski I have a brand new Alienwear Alienware Aurora Ryzen Edition........................It locks up. My old Alienwear Intel 5 worked great. This thing is 3 weeks old.
Message 40 of 59 (1,594 Views)