Origin is incredibly slow and unresponsive

by bubbaruski

Original Post

Re: Origin is incredibly slow and unresponsive

★★★ Novice

It really is only just happening to me too just this year but your still wrong hhow!??????

Message 41 of 59 (1,670 Views)

★ Guide

Ok what the hell is going on with repair game?....doing a game repair on sims 4 and 1 pack is taking 20 minutes....I have 8 of them...is a very late april fools joke?

Message 42 of 59 (1,603 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@procian Same for me. Repaing my 16 The Sims 4 packs took more then 3 hours
Message 43 of 59 (1,573 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@Yodamoo Do you know how this can be done on mac? Origin is absolutely ridiculous for these small updates to be crashing their system like this. I was also told by these so called customer service reps to delete cache, reinstall origin and so, but nothing has worked! Sort it out EA!!!

Message 44 of 59 (1,550 Views)

★ Guide

Repair game is awful....repairing sims4,40 minutes to repair 1 game pack and I still have 12 more to go...Love the way 1 second in real life is 15-20 seconds in Origin time....this really needs sorting out..

Message 45 of 59 (1,491 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yeah, so it's december 2020 and my origin has been a retired grandma fighting with her spoon at the table unable to do anything in less than 15 minutes. Repairing my sims is 6 roughyl hours and doesn't even work. My pc is fine, before you ask, I run photoshop, blender and unity on it at the same time, it's a developer's machine and it's ace, I have zero performence issues aside origin. Not with steam, not with epic app. 
I uninstalled origin entirely and installed it again, it's still crazy slow. Installed it on my laptop that never had origin on sims and everything is fine. 

Nothing like a legacy bug. 

Message 46 of 59 (1,374 Views)

★★★ Newbie

2021 and this is still an issue ! Congrats EA ! The Origin Launcher is the worst thing that has ever been created !

Message 47 of 59 (1,266 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

i see my biggest slowdowns just scrolling down my games list or any list with thumbnails.. its like i am back on my x86 system, not an I7 with a 2070 ...should it be flickering and jolting like this?

Message 48 of 59 (1,247 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Darko Don't know what type of computers did you test but the problem still persist and it's so annoying to close it in order to do something else.
Message 49 of 59 (1,217 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I cant even make it to the games list

Message 50 of 59 (1,157 Views)