Re: Origin is incredibly slow and unresponsive

by ItsJustBSG

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

EA... U seriusly selling Games with not working at all at Your platform and U don't have any serious answers exept "I'v teste Orgin on 12 computers it was greate".... The problem is common. Or return the monay or fix your * software...

Message 11 of 59 (5,759 Views)

Community Manager

If you are having an issue @maximiliankali then please let us know some details as to what exactly the issue is so that we can assist you. The more info we have the better we can help get your Origin and games working as they should. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 12 of 59 (5,723 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

First time I opened up origin in a while and its running like crap.

I built this computer last December, it shouldn't be having an issue with something as simple as origin.

Sign in, DL, even trying to start existing games - having issues!

Message 13 of 59 (5,653 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @systemsh0wd0wn we would need some info as to the issue you are seeing.

I just tested Origin there and was not seeing any issues with speed or response times. As such the more info you can provide the better we can help you.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 14 of 59 (5,615 Views)

★★ Novice

You seem outnumbered in this thread alone. Of all the computers and players I know, every single one has this problem. Merge with steam. It works. Valve can make your games work too XD

Message 15 of 59 (5,536 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Hello @EA_Darko , there seems to be quite the disconnection between what you perceive and what is reality, you literally have a moderator answer the same response twice, to ''clear the cache''... and then you dare to advice a system reboot, on an issue that has been posted here already in MARCH. (but is ongoing for longer) It's so typical of what EA support stands for... Just your standard macro replies... Get human for once and explore.

The launcher has been extremely slow in loading pages, the store and the games library for over a year now, and it seems to only get worse. Which is strange, as I believe say a year or two ago it was actually not a thing.

The only thing I can imagine is you are perhaps testing this on origin installations with no games installed in the library or something like that, because there is a real issue in loading the library, as you have more games installed (or in owned in library, not sure but cba to test that), it gets slower and slower.
What I notice is that the client is refreshing a ton of data on every single page you open, loading everything new every single time, which I think is not very efficient. As every single time you open the library screen there is a massive spike in CPU usage and something happens in the RAM, I think you can optimize that as it is totally unnecessary and obviously causing slowdowns. It's not like you are adding new games every second, even minute or hour...
One other variable that might be something to look into is having games on various hard drives, varying from SSD to HDD. As I hear my HDD go mad every time I open the games library.

Apart from the library screen, every single page (origin access, deals, store etc) you open takes about 5-10 seconds to load, then 1 by 1 tiles will appear in quite a slow manner, for today's standard. (again a significant cpu usage spike, but way less than the games library). I tested on many of my friends computers and they all have the same symptoms.

And no clearing cache and rebooting pc does not fix it...

Another thing that has risen up in I don't know, the last few months, that every single time you boot origin, it will disconnect/reconnect all my usb and audio devices, I once even had it stuck in some kind of loop constantly disconecting-reconnecting my usb devices, where I had to kill the origin client as it was unresponsive, after loading the library....

I hope you can do something with this as it is getting out of control, I honestly find it very hard to believe you are unable to reproduce this... Put a bigger team on it I'd say, until you do as it is very real.

Message 16 of 59 (5,513 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Silencer737 the reason we suggest clearing the cache and a clean boot is to ensure that Origin is running as best it can. I took a little time earlier to test Origin and see if I could see the issues that you are facing.

When I loaded up Origin it took under 2 seconds to log in and show me the home page. I then navigated to Browse Games and again it was under 2 seconds to load the page. I checked my Origin installed games and I have just under 2TB of games installed through Origin. I closed Origin down and reopened it a number of times and have not seen any spike in RAM or CPU usage. The reason I am saying this is not to discredit your post but rather to show that these issues are more often than system issues. If it was an issue with Origin then I assure you we would be working with the Origin team. The one time I saw an issue with Origin taking time to load up I followed the steps I have posted in this thread and the issue was fixed. This would further lead me to believe that the issue you are having is a system issue @Silencer737.

If you don't mind can you please go through the steps posted throughout this thread to see if they help improve Origin for you.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 17 of 59 (5,482 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Yes, still so slow and unresponsive. Sometimes crashes. It isn't a computer problem is the client itself. Origin is the worst game client launcher about client optimization. Is so slow and clunky.

Message 18 of 59 (5,436 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Origin client has been a joke since always, don't expect it to change.

More importantly don't bother trying to rationalize the arguments any of ea's "employees" are giving you, they get paid to give non informative answers that will help nobody.

The client is slow because it's not a true "client" like say Epic games or Battlenet.

The Origin "Client" is nothing more then a glorified web browser to visit the origin website.

It's the cheap and crappy development team at ea that's responsible for this, not the clueless community managers that, once again, get paid to give non-informative answers.

Why bother troubleshooting as an employee when you can tell your customers it's always the fault of their system.

Message 19 of 59 (5,183 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It was incredibly slow for me too, and i wasnt able to download anything.

I uninstalled with CCleaner and reinstalled from this link (an older version of the client) and its all working for me right now

https://www.reddit.com/r/origin/comments/ea3xux/help_cant_install_any_games_origin_needs_to/

Message 20 of 59 (5,038 Views)