Re: Origin is incredibly slow and unresponsive

by MLadySailing

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin is incredibly slow and unresponsive

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Origin has been extremely slow and unrespsonsive. Whenever I launch Origin, it takes around 3 minutes to launch, and the loading animation isn't fluent, and is slowly jumping around. When Origin finally does open, it is so unresponsive it is unusable. When I click on the box to input my email, it takes around 3 minutes for Origin to respond and allow me to type. Once I do type it in, it takes forever for my name to show up. Please, help, because of this I can't play any games.

Message 1 of 59 (43,096 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA DICE Team

Hi @Unclebob357,

Try not to post in old threads... :-)

If you are also running into issues with Origin being slow, a good idea will be to clear your Origin cache. If Origin is not the only program that is slow, please look into getting your computer cleaned.

Good luck!

--Tom

View in thread

Message 3 of 59 (42,962 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

did you ever get a fix?

Message 2 of 59 (42,969 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hi @Unclebob357,

Try not to post in old threads... :-)

If you are also running into issues with Origin being slow, a good idea will be to clear your Origin cache. If Origin is not the only program that is slow, please look into getting your computer cleaned.

Good luck!

--Tom

Message 3 of 59 (42,963 Views)

★ Novice

nope

Message 4 of 59 (40,936 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

The thread might be old, but the problem is still very much relevant. How can a multibillionaire company have such a piece of * of a launcher.
I started having problems on anthem's update on march 9, i couldn't patch it, origin would just get stuck on veryfing and then not going through with it, telling me to accept permission prompts that it was never giving me. I followed online advice and reinstalled origin itself, since then, no matter how many times i reinstall it, it always takes ages to load up or do anything, and needless to say, still can't update my games. Running it as admin, unlocked in any possible firewall and whatnot, still doesn't work. I'm pretty damn furious right now.

Fix your * EA.

And no, it's not a matter of cache cleaning or my pc needing cleaning, before some ea person comes in here and insults me with that notion like the dude from the 2015 reply did. My pc works perfectly fine, guess what, steam and other launchers do anything instantly. If you want to force people to use your own launcher at least have it on par with the competitors wtf.

Message 5 of 59 (40,600 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I second this!!  Ican confirm this is absolutely not about a slow pc or absurd cache clearing.

Speaking of cache clearing, it messed up my pc and origin TWICE already. 

First time i had games missing from my origin library- then the origin consultants worked on solving it.

And after second clearing of cache (yesterday- March 2019- so YES, it still IS relevant!) It is now incredibly slow!!! No exiting origin; logging on and off or restarting my comp has been of any help.

I'm majorly frustrated with origin since as of December 2018 some if my games have stopped working and no one's been able to solve it! I have the same pc on which i've been playing those games for years and to have it stop working all of a sudden and no one being able to fix it for months is a shock

Message 6 of 59 (40,563 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Probably origin app is doing something in the background, scanning our PC taking the information. Cuz a couple months ago everything was fine.

Message 7 of 59 (40,132 Views)

Community Manager

Please stop spreading misinformation @Meejks.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 8 of 59 (40,113 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I am looking for a rational explanation for the slowdown of the application. Wink

Message 9 of 59 (40,106 Views)

Community Manager

I have tested Origin on a dozen computers @Meejks and never had an issue with it being slow or unresponsive. If you are seeing such an issue then this would point to an issue with your system.

Have you tried a clean boot to see if it makes a difference?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 10 of 59 (40,093 Views)