Re: Origin is incredibly slow and unresponsive

by Merkle18

Original Post

★ Apprentice
@Yodamoo
loool thank you! It still a bit laggy but reduced the issue in 1000%. Now it doesn't looks that I'm running the software on a Pentium II...
Message 51 of 59 (1,197 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I opened Origin in Geforce Now and its still that really slow. Its not our systems fault. You cant say that Geforce Now has * pc. 

@EA_Darko wrote:

I have tested Origin on a dozen computers @Meejks and never had an issue with it being slow or unresponsive. If you are seeing such an issue then this would point to an issue with your system.

Have you tried a clean boot to see if it makes a difference?

Darko

Message 52 of 59 (1,189 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Of course this would be redirected to the users hardware😂 You’re on the ball as usual EA

Message 53 of 59 (1,115 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Ea support sended me this link and it fixed the problem for me :

https://help.ea.com/en-in/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

It's an advanced tutorial on how to clear all caches of origin

Message 54 of 59 (1,024 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Darko Please stop spreading misinformation. This is not an issue with anyone's system. This is an Origin issue that effects thousands of users. Your anecdotal 12 PC sample size tests are absolutely meaningless. This was an issue when the original post was made, it was an issue when you posted in 2019, and it is still an issue now in 2021. The client randomly decided to use 100% of the CPU and proceeds to completely bog down everything.
Message 55 of 59 (988 Views)

★★★ Novice

ur joking right

Message 56 of 59 (807 Views)

★★★ Newbie

player hiding there profile so player cant report them. now i have a wallhacker name player354 using wallhack and hide the profile what do we do then.

Message 57 of 59 (774 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

As today of, Wednesday,December 22 This is still a problem origin won’t load! I tried disabling it in the services app. Didn’t work I tried reinstalling it Still didn’t work. I also tried to stop the client from running in the background still didn’t work. Games work completely fine it’s just the origin client not loading properly. It’s honestly ridiculous.

Origin Fix your * Client

Message 58 of 59 (579 Views)

★★ Novice
@MoldedCheeseDJ SAME its so frustrating, I cleared my cache, disabled it in services, turned the startup feature off and it has helped a tiny bit, but my client is still INCREDIBLY slow, I dont know what the issue is with origin, but they need to update it. I have 39 of the sims packs and would hate to have to uninstall and reinstall the game and all the packs. Especially because from this forum I can see that this might not be a fix and ill probably end up spending 6hrs plus reinstalling everything. fix the client omg.
Message 59 of 59 (539 Views)