Re: "Hard Drive is Full, You are out of space on your designated Hard Drive

by zensluv4real

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice

I've also tried this solution.  Went to download Witcher 3 again, and got the same "Hard Drive Full Message". I  clicked it, it popped up again, and then again, and then it has now stopped popping up and I can see the game is downloading.  It did this last time though also.  Once downloaded, then the Origin kept popping up the Hard Drive Full message constantly so I couldn't play any games.  I had to delete all my games and re-download. Luckily I was able to keep my saved game files.  But the bottom line is, I'm pretty irriated I payed for a game that I cannot play AND is affecting my other games playability, and risking losing their game saves. Is there a workaround yet, or at what point do I get a refund?

Message 111 of 259 (815 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Darko As you requested: Your Report ID is: 104dc4d2a018a16f
Message 112 of 259 (798 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same problem. Followed all tips in thread. Nothing. I can't download any TW3 DLCs. I'm so pissed.

Message 113 of 259 (775 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Seriously when will EA sort out their problems... I am honestly thinking of going to CDkeys and buying TW3 goty because it's nearly the same price as Origin.... I am actually kicking my because if I looked on CDkeys first and got it from there I wouldn't be spending so much time on EAs forum trying to figure out how to fix EAs problems.

What is the point of getting the goty of I can't get the Rest of the add-ons because EA can't sort out this issue of the storage..... We sent our report IDs and nothing has been done about it.... Yet alone nothing has been done about the external storage problem. 

EA is the biggest mistake ever seriously 🙄😒

Message 114 of 259 (952 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Hi there, theree related follow up questions on this unresolved issue...

1. Any updates on the fix to this problem??? It's been a few days since anything was posted.

I am still having this issue despite having gone through the thread's solutions.  I tried to download the Witcher 3 again, and it has gotten stuck again with "Hard Drive FUll" message.  I can see the downloadable content has downlaoded though.  But now, pop-up message won't go away and I cannot play any games as Origin is stuck on the pop up:

See attached screen shot.

2. How to stop the pop up?? So I can at least play a different game?...honestly, I don't even care about the Witcher game anymore and I just want to access and play my other games.

I am going to try to remove the Witcher game files that downloaded and see if that helps. Last time,  I removed all my games and reinstalled 2 of my games that I play and care about (I was afraid to try to download others in case that generated the dreaded pop-up).  I have a 2 TB hard drive on my Alienware gaming PC..... So I know I got lots of room. 

3. How do I go about requesting refund from the WItcher purchase? Or, if the GotY version with the DLC is the version causing the issue, then can I get the regular game that isn't a problem? Obviously, there's an Origin issue whatever it is, and it's cost me a bit of cash already, not to mention time and frustration on top. 

-zensluv4real

Message 115 of 259 (926 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Darko I don't have "Program Data" folder... do you mean Program FIles (x86)?

@EA_Darko wrote:

Hey all, while the team continue to investigate this issue they have found 2 workarounds which should help till the Origin team finds a permanent solution.

Accepting as solution for visibility.

Darko

Message 116 of 259 (925 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@zensluv4real Apologies for the multiple messages (just trying to get this issue resolved and on with it!)...

I uninstalled Origin (again) and followed the link above to download and install a previous version of Origin: https://origin-a.akamaihd.net/Origin-Client-Download/origin/live/OriginSetup_10_5_41_27263.exe

It didn't worek before, but now it seems to (fingers crossed).

Note: Before downloading, I UN-checked the box to keep Origin up to date. I'm not sure if that matters but I'm not sure I caught that last time when this solution didn't work for me.
Message 117 of 259 (916 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@zensluv4real I did this too and at first it worked, but then Origin wouldn't let me do anything until I updated it again. So I'm back to square one. 
Message 118 of 259 (895 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@zensluv4real I Have also had this problem as i have stated my previous post... EA gives us these solutions that are a waste of time for everyone ... i was able to play the witcher 3 goty through my geforce experience for some reason, but i cannot download the extras at all.

and i can't even play need for speed because this message of

"Well, that didn't go as planned

Origin encountered an issue loading this page. Please try reloading it – if that doesn’t work, restart the client or try again later."

keeps popping up, but when it does load that annoying hard drive message keeps appearing.

EA has to be the biggest mistake people make because we lured in with prices... and all these community managers do is say sorry give us solutions that might work (but work for the lucky few) and then leave it there, What actual solutions are they coming with permanently. No one knows all we know is that EA will continue to waste everyone's time as well as steal our money
Message 119 of 259 (874 Views)

★★ Novice

I can confirm that the method with an old version of Origin and "dont update" option works.

Message 120 of 259 (854 Views)