Re: "Hard Drive is Full, You are out of space on your designated Hard Drive

by xzan1

Original Post

"Hard Drive is Full, You are out of space on your designated Hard Drive"

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Temporary workaround doesn't work that well, it has been OVER A MONTH and the Origin team has been silent about this! This is truly the magnificent pinnacle of EA, not helping out the consumers that pay money.

Recently bought The Witcher 3 Complete Edition on Origins. I already played it on PS4 so I wanted to try it out on my new gaming rig for PC. However, once I fully bought it and downloaded the game and It's expansions, I was more than enough happy to see that there were add-ons for the game. However, when I go to download/install them, I get an error:

"Hard Drive is Full

You are out of space on your designated hard drive. Please make some room before resuming your download."

I can't seem to fix this error no matter what. I have 150gb of storage that is free to be used and I just can't wrap my around this annoying little problem.

I have troubleshooted this problem in so many ways, Deleting the Programdata/Origins folder (also leaving out the Local Content). Deleting appdata/roaming and appdata/local Origin folders and trying that. I have contacted EA live chat 3 times, and neither of those times was I able to get the help I needed. All I got were just redirections or instructions on FAQs of the EA forum, nothing that helped. I have restarted, and reinstalled the Origins Client as well as tried to redownload and reverify the game files.

I am at a loss, I was told to make a Forum statement. Maybe people out here can finally help me so I can get my hands on the add-ons I paid for and enjoy a nice relaxing, Silver and Steel blade experience.

Message 41 of 259 (12,575 Views)

★ Novice

i have this issue too but only with dead space 3 awakened. i have tried what the op did and i still cant download it. i can download other games like dragon age inquisition but i cant install the dead space 3 DLC

Message 42 of 259 (12,565 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Crispium and @LuckyDucck would you both mind clearing your Origin Cache and then trying the download again to see if it makes a difference.

You can clear the Origin Cache by following the steps below:

1. Completely log out and close down Origin
  2. Hold down the Windows key and R
  3. Type in "%ProgramData%" (without quotes) and click OK
  4. Now open the Origin folder.
  5. Delete all the files and folders in the Origin folder, except for LocalContent (do not delete this one)
  6. Hold down the Windows key and R
  7. Type in "%AppData%" (without quotes) and click OK
  8. This will take you to a Roaming folder, which is located inside of AppData. Delete the Origin folder
  9. Click on the word "AppData" at the top of your window
  10. Open the Local folder here
  11. Delete the Origin folder listed here
  12. Restart your PC and log back into Origi

Darko

Darko.png
Message 43 of 259 (12,534 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

That didnt work for me, I still have the hard drive is full error.

If that continues then I may have to refund the game since I can't download anymore DLC for the game.

Actually, after doing this, my Battlefield V doesnt work anymore. Cant find any matches

Message 44 of 259 (12,525 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Darko

Hi. Thanks for you taking your time to write this and I dont mean to be rude, but I believe I literally mentioned explicitly in my post that, I have troubleshooted this problem by doing EXACTLY what you said, multiple times, and I has not worked for me. Please read the troubleshooted part to see what I have done, to try to solve this problem.
Message 45 of 259 (12,484 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Darko this didn't work for me I still get the same message for all dlc
Message 46 of 259 (12,459 Views)

★★ Novice

Witcher 3 isn't even eligable for refund, this is so * unacceptable! The game doesn't work properly, and you can't even refund it. I wasted money on the Origin version, and have to buy it on Steam or GOG to get full access to the game. This was my last purchase on Origin!

Message 47 of 259 (12,446 Views)

Re: Origin is incorrectly reading my hard drive space

★★★ Newbie
@majkoMarac69x Same, didn't help. Even tried selecting a new location for both the legacy installers to go instead of the default above mentioned folder, and a new location for the game installs to go, and it STILL gives this error. EA clearly doesn't care because their community managers refuse to provide a solution to what is still clearly broken.
Message 48 of 259 (12,680 Views)

Re: Origin is incorrectly reading my hard drive space

★★★ Newbie
@lavster613 restart your computer and then quickly delete the files before any of them can be in use elsewhere. I did that but it still doesn't fix the problem.
Message 49 of 259 (12,678 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Darko Do you have anything else? Mr. Community Manager?
Message 50 of 259 (12,436 Views)