Origin is deleting and redownloading Apex legend over and over again

by indiansrk4

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin is deleting and redownloading Apex legend over and over again

★★★ Novice

I hear about Apex legend and i was shocked by the gameplay look, i literally want to play it. i installed origin and downloaded apex, i played one night, i also backup my game files  because i have low internet speed (300KBps😞)and in the morning my game is not there, and origin is downloading it again, so i replaced apex file in c drive from my backup files, and origin again delete it. i again re downloaded game and again it is deleted. any help 

thanks in advance 

Message 1 of 27 (11,806 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin is deleting and redownloading Apex legend over and over again

★★ Novice

I think I have succesfully fixed the problem. Reading the case of  @indiansrk4 I figured that if he reinstalled windows and it still did not work, the problem had to be either his hardware or the origin account itself, so I asked a friend for his account, uninstalled origin (cleaning all data, appdata, program data etc) and reinstalled, then I downloaded the game while logged with my friend's account. It downloaded succesfully. Then I switch back to my account, played a game and got an engine error two minutes into the match: Unknown file version (audio\ship\general english.mstr). I wanted to repair the game, but the last time I did that, origin downloaded the game again, and it got in the loop from 100 to 42 to 100... so I switched back accounts, repaired it (it had to download another 4gb for some reason), played a game to make sure it was running fine and then switch back to my account. I have now played a couple games and it seems to be working fine. TL;DR: install and repair the game using another account.

View in thread

Message 18 of 27 (10,776 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @indiansrk4 it sounds like something is causing the download to fail so you would need to ensure that your firewall and anti-virus are not blocking Origin and that you also have the ports for Origin open.

The ports to open are:

• TCP: 80; 443; 9960-9969; 1024-1124; 3216; 18000; 18120; 18060; 27900; 28910; 29900
  • UDP: 1024-1124; 18000; 29900

You can also try turning off the routers firewall to see if it helps.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 27 (11,787 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Darko downloading is not failed or restricted,infact game downloaded completely and playable for the first time but when i reboot or restart origin it delete game files and start to redownload again sometime from start and sometimes from 40%, also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the origin client ( even by deleting user data files) but didn't worked for me and same error is happening since last two weeks.
Message 3 of 27 (11,782 Views)

Community Manager

Is the game fully downloaded when you launch it the first time @indiansrk4?

You are able to launch Apex Legends before the download installs so it may be a case that you are launching it, playing it and then seeing issues due to ports not being open or your anti-virus.

Can you check how much free space you have on your hard drive and see if you have any program installed that optimises hard drive space?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 27 (11,769 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Dark i launched it first time when it was about 78% and played for 10 minutes, then i leave it to download 100% and it was completed. and i again played for 2-3 hr at night, when i restarted it in the morning i got only 40% remaining and rest are being downloaded again.
And i dont had any antivirus at that time but i installed antivirus just 15 minutes ago.
Message 5 of 27 (11,762 Views)

★★★ Novice

are u there please Reply 

Message 6 of 27 (11,728 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @indiansrk4 if the game is being deleted from your system then this points to something on the system causing it to happen.

Do you have any registry cleaners or apps the boost performance and hard drive space on your system?

It can also be related to your anti-virus software. The best thing to try is re-installing Origin and then ensure that you add Origin and your games to your anti-virus white list.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 7 of 27 (11,724 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Darko thanks for replying
i just reset my entire pc Windows and i will install drivers software then origin and i will let back you know about the issue is resolved or not ,hope this work, i just wanna know will the origin game folder backup file that i had copied to other drive will work for restore or i have to download the game again? i asked because i dont have much internet data to download.
thank you
Message 8 of 27 (11,715 Views)

Community Manager

If you follow the steps below @indiansrk4 you should be good to use your existing data rather than download them again:

1. Copy your Origin Game Library folder to wherever you want it.
    • The default location is “C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\”
  2. Set the Origin Game Library Location to the new location.
    • In Origin open up Settings
    • Select the “Installs & Saves” tab.
    • Under “Game library location” select “Change folder…”
    • Locate the new folder.
  3. Start a download for each game you’ve moved.
    • In Origin open up “My Game Library”
    • Find each game you’ve moved.
    • Press “Download”
    • Origin will skip downloading any files that are already there and update any that need to be updated.
  4. When Origin is done updating each game it will be ready to play.

You can find more info here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/backing-up-and-restoring-your-origin-games/

Darko

Darko.png
Message 9 of 27 (11,709 Views)

★★★ Novice

Still the same issue,25 gb deleted and only 6 gb aee there and it is again downloading the rest, i m done with origin i lossed hope in origin to play apex, thanks for assistance.

Message 10 of 27 (11,689 Views)