Origin installer nonfunctional

by MarieSimmie

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin installer nonfunctional

★★★ Newbie

I've been trying to install origin for a few days and the installer fails totally before it even starts. i've tried all the work arounds that i have found including installing as admin, removing things, removing hosts, etc. The only thing I haven't done is a fresh installation which i don't think I should have to do when it's only your installer that won't function. 

Is this a byproduct of you breaking things with your last update? I just want to play the products I have purchased but that is impossible when your software doesn't work. 

Message 1 of 2 (163 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin installer nonfunctional

Community Manager

Hey @MarieSimmie, when you say that you don't want to do a fresh install, does this mean that you currently have Origin installed and are attempting to install it again without first removing your existing install?

The best thing to do is try the following steps:

1. Try re-installing Origin:
    1. Close the Origin client.
    2. Open the Control Panel (find it by searching “Control Panel” in the Start menu).
    3. Click on Uninstall a program under Programs.
    4. Click on Originand uninstall.
    5. Reinstall Origin

Try running Origin as an administrator:

2. Right-click the Origin client icon on your desktop (or in the Origin directory if not on your desktop) and click Run As Administrator.

This runs the Origin client as an administrator account, and should let the game  install.

Try lowering the User Access Control settings:

2. Click the Windowsbutton and type "UAC" in the search field. 
  3. In the User Access Control window, click and hold the slide bar —slide it to the lowest setting available. 
  4. Click Ok at the bottom of the window.
  5. Open the Origin client

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (133 Views)

All Replies

Re: Origin installer nonfunctional

Community Manager

Hey @MarieSimmie, when you say that you don't want to do a fresh install, does this mean that you currently have Origin installed and are attempting to install it again without first removing your existing install?

The best thing to do is try the following steps:

1. Try re-installing Origin:
    2. Open the Control Panel (find it by searching “Control Panel” in the Start menu).
    3. Click on Uninstall a program under Programs.
    4. Click on Originand uninstall.
    5. Reinstall Origin

Try running Origin as an administrator:

2. Right-click the Origin client icon on your desktop (or in the Origin directory if not on your desktop) and click Run As Administrator.

This runs the Origin client as an administrator account, and should let the game  install.

Try lowering the User Access Control settings:

2. Click the Windowsbutton and type "UAC" in the search field. 
  3. In the User Access Control window, click and hold the slide bar —slide it to the lowest setting available. 
  4. Click Ok at the bottom of the window.
  5. Open the Origin client

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 2 (134 Views)