Re: Origin installer just leads to a blank white screen

by Kamikaze-Elite

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin installer just leads to a blank white screen

★★★★ Novice

Everytime I try to run Originthinsetup.exe it just opens up a white blank screen. I have tried multiple things that were suppose to fix it but it continues with the blank white screen. 

Message 1 of 13 (3,525 Views)

Accepted Solution

@Kamikaze-Elite

I would guess that it is Windows 10 who uses the wrong network type.

Here is a guide to set the network to "Private"

Second, preform a clean boot and test the installation in clean boot mode.

If that also don't works preform a safe boot with networking and test the installation in safe boot mode.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson

View in thread

Message 11 of 13 (3,984 Views)

All Replies

@Kamikaze-Elite

Try this version of the Origin installer. Run The "OriginSetup.exe" as Administrator.

If that also don't works, disable the real time scanner of your Anti-Virus software and try again.

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 2 of 13 (3,492 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Tried it, still get white screen, turned off anti-virus and it still is giving me white screen, tried resetting modem/router and still gets white screen. Tried the ccleaner and still is going to a white screen.

Message 3 of 13 (3,482 Views)

@Kamikaze-Elite

Please create a DxDiag in text file format and post it with your next reply.

If you use Windows 7 also go to your Reliability monitor > Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time and copy and paste or type "perfmon /rel" (without the quotes) in the new Window > hit “ENTER” and look if it has entries for the game you have trouble with.

If yes double click at the last entry for the game executable, copy the info to the clipboard, and save it to a text file.

Perf.png

You can attach the DxDiag text file you created (and the “Reliability monitor” text file as well) to your post in the “Reply” window with the “Choose File” button. 

Message 4 of 13 (3,473 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hope this is helpful

Message 5 of 13 (3,467 Views)

@Kamikaze-Elite

Do you have two anti-virus applications ruining at the same time? 

(The Windows defender and a third party application for example)

If so clean uninstall one (you might need a removal tool) or deactivate the Windows defender.

Then preform a full virus scan of your system and subsequently a full malware scan with Malwarebytes. (Free version)

Furthermore, do what I wrote in post 4 about the "Reliability monitor" and look for errors of the "Originthinsetup.exe" If you found any, post them here in a text file.

Finally post your Origin "ThinSetup_Log.txt".

To find it:

• Press the Windows key and "R" at the same time.
  • Copy and past: "%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Origin\ThinSetup" (Without the quotes) into the new window > hit ENTER.
  • Make a copy of the "ThinSetup_Log.txt" and place it on your desktop.
  • Post the "ThinSetup_Log.txt" from your desktop with the "Choose file" button in the "Reply" windows of this board.

Message 6 of 13 (3,459 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I tried the reliability thing you said in post 4 but the originthinsetup.exe didn't even show up in it. Same with the other exe you had me try. My log is attached

Edit: Also my windows defender is off, I only have one virus protection and it scanned clean, malwarebytes scanned clean.

Message 7 of 13 (3,452 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Hi @Kamikaze-Elite

Your RogAura Core program ,this kind of software may come with problems....Fingers crossed

Uninstall RogAura Core.

Uninstall Origin, then go in C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin -delete this Origin folder.

Restart your machine.

Install Origin  and check.

NOTE you may need to do a Clean Boot  Wondering I do not know for sure...

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours.I'm a gamer like you, trying to help you (i'm not an EA employee).

If you want to know us or/and come up with ideas to improve the Origin platform or/and talk about anything and many more besides,you could also visit the NEW section Origin General Discussion http://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/bd-p/origin-general-discussion-en

Retired champion.
Message 8 of 13 (3,398 Views)

@Kamikaze-Elite

There is s Socket Error in your Log.

Problem is that this error can have many reasons.

Did you edited your "hosts" file?

If not go to your "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc" directory and open your "Host" file.

If it is not looking exactly like this:

Host.png

Make a screenshot and post it here.

Furthermore, are you on a private network or on a public network, like a university network?

Try to disable your Windows Firewall for the installation. (Don't forget to enable it afterwards.)

Message 9 of 13 (3,375 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I have not edited my hosts file, it looks exactly like the host file that is in the picture. I just looked and apparently my roommate has set up his router as a public network. That is what my firewall says it is connected to. I turned off firewall and it still is white screen.

Message 10 of 13 (3,335 Views)