Origin ingame overlay won't start

by Tilion7

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin ingame overlay won't start

★★ Novice

As my title explains the ingame mode of origins isn't working. The game i am playing at the moment is Dragon age: Inquisition and i haven't tried playing other games yet. At first when is started the game everything was fine and i got the message that if i wanted to acces the ingame mode i had to press shift +f1.

Now when i start the game i don't get that message anymore and even if i press that combination nothing happens.

The point is that if i want to use origin to chat with friends and play at the same time i have to use alt-tab, which makes the game go into a smaller window, which consumes time.

Is anyone else having the same problem and are there any sollutions?

Oh and for the record i am using windows 8.1.

Message 1 of 18 (40,287 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin ingame overlay won't start

★★ Apprentice

Are you using MSI Afterburner? That's what prevents me from using Origin in game. Until either Origin or Afterburner updates they don't work together.

View in thread

Message 5 of 18 (43,335 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

@Tilion7 Just to check, is you Origin in game enabled? You can disable/enable Origin In Game if you go to the Origin menu in the top left corner of the client, then Application Settings and Origin In game.

Message 2 of 18 (40,193 Views)

★★ Novice

I am having the same issue I have my on for sure and I have tried it with supported game or for all games either way it wont launch.  When I am in titanfall it says that its disabled when it isn't.  Very annoying since i cant invite friends to games anymore.  Frown

Message 3 of 18 (40,185 Views)

★★ Novice

I enabled it for all games in the origin client. When ticked the box, the next time origin started in game. Sadly that only happend once and i've restarted DA:I several times without result.

Message 4 of 18 (40,169 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Are you using MSI Afterburner? That's what prevents me from using Origin in game. Until either Origin or Afterburner updates they don't work together.

Message 5 of 18 (43,336 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes i am using MSI afterburner! Hope an update fixes it!

Message 6 of 18 (40,139 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I found...Origin Overlay doesnt work with driver Razer Sinapse, or anything else like this...just close these programs, like this ,and Origin Overlay,it will work very fine

Retired champion.
Message 7 of 18 (40,090 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

The newest version of Afterburner, 4.1.0 does not interfere with Origin in Game.

For some reason it will work in in Dragon Age Inquisition, but not in Mass Effect 3.

Message 8 of 18 (40,051 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

@EA_Kristi wrote:

@Tilion7 Just to check, is you Origin in game enabled? You can disable/enable Origin In Game if you go to the Origin menu in the top left corner of the client, then Application Settings and Origin In game.

yeah, the origin in game thing is always checked and it still doesn't work for me in Mass Effect 3........................

Message 9 of 18 (40,003 Views)

★ Novice

Same here *Bump!*

The Origin starts fine in Dragon Age Inquisition, but won't start in Dead Space 3 and Mass Effect 3. No Razer drivers or MSI Afterburner. Any advice?

Message 10 of 18 (39,980 Views)