Re: Origin has encountered a serious issue

by esess

Original Post

Origin has encountered a serious issue

★★★★ Novice

I'm having this problem as of 7/6/2020. Every time I log onto my computer it says "Origin has encountered a serious issue and must close." Currently haven't found a fix for it, and I believe it is the reason Apex Legends is crashing three times per match due to another error that can only be fixed by uninstalling both Origin and Apex Legends and then reinstalling both again. The error message that shows when Apex crashes is an engine error, which should just be some corrupted files. I've already contacted EA help via phone concerning the engine error, and nothing they said helped. 

Please help.

Message 1 of 13 (967 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @esess sorry to hear that you are having issues.

The best thing to do when this occurs takes a couple of minutes to go through the following steps:

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 13 (915 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I cleared my Origin Data cache but it’s still crashing via engine error. As of writing this I’m am reinstalling both origin and apex legends. Is there anything on the engine error that could fix it for good without me having to uninstall and then reinstall origin and apex?

Message 3 of 13 (901 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @esess did you try all the steps I suggested above?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 13 (867 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Now I have. Nothing worked.

Message 5 of 13 (846 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @esess can you try creating a new Windows admin account and then launch Origin and the game to see if you see the same issue?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 13 (813 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Still didn't work.

Message 7 of 13 (786 Views)

Community Manager

Let's grab a DxDiag to take a look at your system @esess: https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Darko

Darko.png
Message 8 of 13 (751 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Here it is.

Message 9 of 13 (721 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @esess I'm seeing a number of issues there on your DxDiag, the best thing to do is go ahead and run System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files:https://support.microsoft.com/en-ie/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-o...

Let us know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 10 of 13 (717 Views)