Origin freezing entire computer

by courtneyb2017

Original Post

Origin freezing entire computer

★ Novice
I previously had a dell laptop and had been playing sims for like 18 months with it, until last week it started causing me issues. So I replaced it with a new one - (Not just for sims, I needed something to do my job with as well)
New Computer Specs: (Literally have had this for 4 days and am still getting the issues)
ASUS TUF Gaming Notebook 15.6'' FHD AMD Ryzen 5-4600H GTX 1650, 8GB DDR4, 512GB SSD Windows 10, TUF506IH-RS53
I am still experiencing the same issues where it freezes my entire desktop, even if the game is not opened or closed. I have already tried eliminating programs, and restoring it fully and just having origin/sims 4 on it. The only way to unfreeze is to use the task manger and then restart Windows explorer.
I have already tried eliminating programs, and restoring it fully and just having origin/sims 4 on it. I am trying to see if the issue was coming from that latest update.

My partner is tech inclined and he can't figure out the issue either. I'm really at a loss of what to do. Please help. Also, it won't let me submit a ticket or Origin for help.

Message 1 of 7 (729 Views)

Re: Origin freezing entire computer

Community Manager

Hey @courtneyb2017 let's start by grabbing a DxDiag so that I can take a look at your system: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Once I have that I can look for any errors or issues and we can go from there. 

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 2 of 7 (681 Views)

★ Novice

Hello, 

Please see the attached!

Message 3 of 7 (663 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Darko I sent it down below, I don't know if it will notify you
Message 4 of 7 (662 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @courtneyb2017 I am seeing a number of errors there, the best thing to do is go ahead and run System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files:https://support.microsoft.com/en-ie/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-o...

Let us know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 5 of 7 (652 Views)

★ Novice

This did not work, do you have any other ideas?

Message 6 of 7 (599 Views)

Community Manager

Did the tool not find any issues @courtneyb2017?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 7 of 7 (568 Views)