Re: Origin first time install causes no-notification system reboot.

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Origin first time install causes no-notification system reboot.

★★★ Newbie

Why does Origin on a first time install, attempt to force a reboot, killing most of the processes on my system, WITHOUT INFORMING ME IT HAS ANY INTENTION OF DOING SO?

This is the single most offensive thing I've had a piece of software try to do - a no-notification reboot, where even if you cancel the reboot, everything you were working on and all browser windows were preemptively killed before the user was prompted to interrupt the process.

Seriously. You shouldn't need a reboot UNDER ANY CONDITIONS. You're a bloody game platform, that I'm running on a vanilla Windows 10 install.

Message 1 of 3 (261 Views)

Community Manager

I don't believe that Origin would be forcing your system to restart @dargent540.

I just tested it there and reinstalled Origin and was not promoted to restart, nor did my system force a restart. 

If you are seeing such an issue then it is likely related to some other program or setting on your system.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 3 (233 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I got this question too,my area is China,when the platform seemed to be installed on my win10 PC,it suddenly caused  unexpected reboot,and the system shut everything down with no warnning.That definitely sucks,cause that's my first experience on this platform and just like I won a prize of virus.And we still don't have Chinese Simplified edtion.

Message 3 of 3 (203 Views)