Origin failed to load content

by jttarigan

Original Post

Origin failed to load content

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

My Origin is stuck with a blank page (below), content failed to be loaded I guess. Internet is ok and decently fast. Has tried to restart/re-login a few times. Tried to play Anthem last night, the game was launched, and I able to enter Fort Tarsis. Talk to NPC and launch the mission. Matchmaking took waay longer and then after loading the game, it return to main menu with connection error. Any advise?ea_blank.JPG

Edit: Tried opening the web and the content is loaded. So it shouldn't be my account. 

Message 1 of 5 (311 Views)

Re: Origin failed to load content

Community Manager

Hey @jttarigan you can generally fix the issue you are seeing by clearing the Origin Cache.

You can clear the Origin Cache by following the steps below:

1. Completely log out and close down Origin
  2. Hold down the Windows key and R
  3. Type in "%ProgramData%" (without quotes) and click OK
  4. Now open the Origin folder.
  5. Delete all the files and folders in the Origin folder, except for LocalContent (do not delete this one)
  6. Hold down the Windows key and R
  7. Type in "%AppData%" (without quotes) and click OK
  8. This will take you to a Roaming folder, which is located inside of AppData. Delete the Origin folder
  9. Click on the word "AppData" at the top of your window
  10. Open the Local folder here
  11. Delete the Origin folder listed here
  12. Restart your PC and log back into Origin

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 5 (290 Views)

★★★★ Novice

it's much faster (and simpler) to reinstall origin. Thanks though Standard smile

Message 3 of 5 (285 Views)

Community Manager

Clearing the cache should only take you a couple of minutes at most @jttarigan.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 5 (280 Views)

★ Apprentice

i have a friend that clearing all the caches and delete every dam thing leaves it in this state still only way for him to get it running is to download the latest client from file hippo the one on the ea website never works for some reason by chance are you on windows 7 im wondering if that's the issue

Message 5 of 5 (250 Views)