Origin error when trying to connect Origin + Epic accounts

by wbkxk

Original Post

Re: Origin error when trying to connect Origin + Epic accounts

★★★ Apprentice

Is no one from EA going to say here this is at least being looked at?  This is quite sad now.

Message 41 of 126 (1,667 Views)

★★★ Novice

From https://answers.ea.com/t5/help/faqpage "it's a global community focused on players helping players.".

I don't think EA staff watch this forum. Just now I'm reporting error from origin and got report ID number.

Has anyone does this before and got any response from EA?

Message 42 of 126 (1,652 Views)

★★★ Novice

Seeing it's PC machine ID, I tried on my old machine that I originally created the account on to see if that works, doesn't work.

Message 43 of 126 (1,637 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I posted it as a bug here with no EA response still:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Cannot-install-Starwars-Squadrons-on-the-PC/m-p/9947147#M7445

I did that because the EA support over chat seemed to say it was a better way to get to the attention of the actual developer of side things.

Message 44 of 126 (1,599 Views)

★ Apprentice

any news? tech support is still not responding = (it looks like we just have to up this topic and wait for attention to it

Message 45 of 126 (1,466 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am still getting the error, I will contact them again today and update when I get more info

Message 46 of 126 (1,434 Views)

★★★ Novice

I called them and tried some things that were mentioned here before, still did not work. Tried uninstalling, reinstalling origin and nothing. Created a new windows admin account and tried installing there, nothing. They couldn't fix it and asked to create a bug report so there developers can work on fixing it. I will be filling that out but so far, no fix.

Message 47 of 126 (1,412 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This is really bad customer support.  Still nothing.  The Epic launcher updated recently but still the same problem :-(

Message 48 of 126 (1,365 Views)

★ Apprentice
@wbkxk Annoying how this place seems to be the only place on the internet with info about this frustrating error.

I just want to play Battlefront but Origin is making an absolutely atrocious first impression as a competitor to Steam or Epic.
Message 49 of 126 (1,330 Views)

★ Apprentice

it's awful, a lot of time has passed, but it looks like the real tech support doesn't even know about our problem, all the answers I received look like just typical instructions

Message 50 of 126 (1,293 Views)