Origin error when trying to connect Origin + Epic accounts

by wbkxk

Original Post

Re: Origin error when trying to connect Origin + Epic accounts

★★★ Newbie

You are the MVP.

After readying this message I remembered that Origin Client sucks and doesn't have all the features of the web version. So I went on https://www.origin.com/aus/en-us/store where I was asked to complete my profile.

If you don't get the pop up, go on your profile and make sure the email is verified.

Once verified all worked as expected.

Message 31 of 126 (1,971 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Is there anything else you might have done to make it work?  As my email is already verified and still the same issue :-(

EA has not reached out to specifically fix this issue for me, and Epic Support continues not to be helpful in their latest email:

Hello there,

My name is Hermes and I will look into your case today. I want to sincerely apologize for the delay in my response and for the inconvenience it may have caused. Due to a large influx of tickets, we are running a little behind, however, we are working hard to increase our engagement with players. I carefully read through your previous emails to familiarize myself with the situation at hand. I hope you are doing well!

I am really sorry to read about your situation, and the way you are feeling about it. I understand that you may be frustrated, and as a gamer myself, I understand where you are coming from.

However, as much as I would like to help you here, the thing is that the issue is not occurring due to your Epic Games Launcher, but rather due to an issue with the game itself. This would mean that Epic Games Customer Support is unable to assist you with this, since it's an issue on EA's side.

I want to make sure you get this issue resolved, and fortunately, EA has a Support site, and I'm sure that their Support team has the knowledge and tools to resolve this issue for you. You will be able to contact them here: https://help.ea.com/uk/contact-us/

I know this isn't the answer you were looking for, however, I hope you will find a way to understand this. Please do not hesitate to contact Epic Games Player Support if you run into an issue again or if you have any other concerns, one of my awesome colleagues will always be here to help you.

Regards,
Hermes

Message 32 of 126 (1,958 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

In desperation, I tried to install Apex Legends on Steam and link my Steam account to Origin.  Of course that worked fine, but I still have the same problem on Epic :-(

Message 33 of 126 (1,945 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Thanks, I tried that to a tee, but I get the same error sadly

Edit: I tried switching to my other email address and got that one verified and I still get that error. I am almost tempted to create another origin account and trying that one out to see if it works. I only have apex on origin, no other game

Message 34 of 126 (1,932 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

The error says something about pc machine id missing, so I thought maybe it's something to do with origin or epic not being able to access system information or something...maybe not having the right permission to get it or whatever, I don't know.  There may be a firewall or antivirus that's blocking origin or epic from accessing something?  That's what led me to my solution.  You could try making sure that epic and origin have every permission you can give them in firewall/antivirus/security.  I'm not a professional with solving computer issues, but I know enough to get myself out of (or sometimes into) small problems like this.  Or, it could be like the other guy said, they're having problems and my solution was coincidental.  I don't really buy that (in that it sounds like a stock response to buy some time/redirect/ignore), but it's possible.

Message 35 of 126 (1,905 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@Nick10213Good idea, I set there permissions in the firewall to access everything. Restarted and started both as administrators but still get the same error. Pretty annoying this error.

Message 36 of 126 (1,890 Views)

★★★ Novice

Update for everyone, I tried making another account and I get the same error. Frustrating

Message 37 of 126 (1,756 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey all,

I had the same issue that you are all experiencing. The fix I found was very simple. I opened origin before selecting install from the epic launcher. Then, I logged into my account on the popup to link epic and origin accounts. I clicked remember me, but I'm not sure if that matters. It worked first time. The only other factor that could have played a role is that origin already recognized that I had battlefront 2 through steam (I refunded because I couldn't find a match, but I guess the playerbase is alive because of this) Hope this helps.

Message 38 of 126 (1,722 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I've tried with the standalone Origin client already launched before and it still didn't work.  Also tried variations on clicking remember-me etc.  I connected Origin to my Steam via Apex Legends and that didn't do anything either.

So I am not sure what black magic makes it work.  As I still can't play the EA game I bought from Epic weeks ago now :-(

Message 39 of 126 (1,693 Views)

★ Apprentice
@bojinkels Unfortunately this didn't work for me either.
Message 40 of 126 (1,676 Views)