Re: Origin download speed slowing to 0 bytes

by L1_Spawn

Original Post

★ Novice

Hey guys!

So I work for Player support on certain PC Game and just did this due to my personal experience.

First pause the game you are downnloading.

1.- Run cmd

2.- use next commands:

* ipconfig /release

* ipconfig /renew

* ipconfig /flushdns

It may or may not erase your current download but it will speed up as hell! XD

I was on 300 kb/s and now just bumped to 7 MB 

Also take in mind I am in Mexico City, using CloudFlare DNS Main 1.1.1.1 and sec 1.0.0.1  ...  Also using Download on Safe Mode with Origin settings.

Try to play with some of these and hope it helps you out!

Message 21 of 58 (8,047 Views)

★★★ Newbie

When I click application settings there is no option for advanced 

Message 22 of 58 (7,280 Views)

★ Novice
Thank you. This fixed my problem too
Message 23 of 58 (7,071 Views)

★★ Novice
Spoiler

OMG THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!! THANKS TO YOU I CAN FINALLY PLAY PV.Z GW2!!! AFTER 3 DAYS OF TRYING!! I WOULD LITERALLY KISS YOU RN! (Yes you helped me that much) YOU ARE THE BEST!

Message 24 of 58 (6,890 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@brandon36526 the only thing worked for me is delete one your game files low size file like 200 or 300 mb than start download and it will fix it
Message 25 of 58 (6,668 Views)

★★ Novice
@amarmot you found any fix?
Message 26 of 58 (6,476 Views)

★ Novice
@SilentWarrior786 So far so good. I was stopped at the "Flush DNS Cache" or this link does not work anymore, thanks.

http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-flush-dns-cache-for-windows/
Message 27 of 58 (6,393 Views)

★★ Novice

(2019 possible fix if anyone is having this problem)

after hours and hours of searching the entire internet and trying every single solution *none worked* I finally found a fix for this stupid issue and it's ridiculously simple.
so what you need to do is to just mess around with the compatibility options of Origin, I tried this solution before trying everything else and it didn't work the first time but that's because when I was changing the compatibility I never choose windows 8 because I thought it was already set to be compatible with it by default due to the checkmark being there with windows 8 under it, but the compatibility mode gets activated only when you check the mark and then choose the windows version you want to use from Windows 8 to other versions, which I didn't know as I said, so after all the frustration I accidentally set the compatibility to windows 8 and ran it as administrator and voila! download speed was back to normal, btw this problem didn't happen to me when I had Windows 10 2017 version and only happened after I upgraded to Windows 10 2019 version, it seems like Microsoft makes everything worse with each update so I'm never updating again, never!
hope this helps someone, have a great day everyone.

Message 28 of 58 (6,281 Views)

★★ Novice
@NoobyDUDEplaying a quick update regarding the solution I found, my Origin is still working fine and the download is fine as well, there is one problem is that it occasionally drops to 0 b/s for like 5min and then goes back to normal download speed, idk why but hey as long as it's downloading I'm not complaining.
Message 29 of 58 (6,271 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@NoobyDUDEplaying Awesome update. I tried your fix. It worked for maybe 30 min.

This is so pathetic. They got away from Steam to make their own thing because of their selfish greed (can't pay Valve, gotta keep it all in-house!!!). Their own thing ended up being a huge pile of steaming runny crap. All these years later Steam has constantly gotten better, the number of issues are small and very rare. Origin? The same issues constantly recurring since it came out. None of them have been fixed. Every time you start Origin it's a 70/30 chance it's going to totally break.
Message 30 of 58 (5,827 Views)