Re: Origin download speed slowing to 0 bytes

by EA_Kristi

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin download speed slowing to 0 bytes

★★★ Newbie

I've encountered a very odd issue while trying to download Dragon Age: Inquisition. Namely, Origin correctly downloaded the first 96% perfectly but breaks horribly after that. What happened is that the download speed gradually slowed from about 4 mb to 0 bytes a second and it  stays and nothing or next to nothing permanently. If I restart Origin the speed briefly returns to a few megabytes, but then it declines again to 0 B/sec or close to it.

Any idea why this happens or how to fix it?

Message 1 of 58 (134,396 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA Staff

Could you please try the steps below:

1. Pause and resume the download
  2. Do a Clean Boot and restart your modem/router
  3. Add firewall/antivirus exceptions for Origin and open the needed ports
  4. When starting Origin, please make sure to run it as Administrator

View in thread

Message 2 of 58 (143,950 Views)

All Replies

EA Staff

Could you please try the steps below:

1. Pause and resume the download
  2. Do a Clean Boot and restart your modem/router
  3. Add firewall/antivirus exceptions for Origin and open the needed ports
  4. When starting Origin, please make sure to run it as Administrator
Message 2 of 58 (143,951 Views)

★ Novice

I got the problem too, and some game is fine, some game always stop by 88% and stop downloaded. I tried everything I can , but it is always not working. even I tried all the solutions online have, I just feel like I have been blocked during download process, but I don't know how and why. It looks like not from my computer o.O I just try to download the games which I bought online,why ...

Message 3 of 58 (133,703 Views)

EA Staff

If the download just stops or loses progress you could enabled Safe Mode downloading in Application Settings - Advanced (top left corner of the Origin client, Origin menu) to see if this helps.

Message 4 of 58 (133,697 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same problem here. Can't download things all the way.

Try safe mode? OK, I'll let you know in a week when it's finished downloading....

Or, how about we get a REAL fix?

Message 5 of 58 (133,674 Views)

★★ Novice

Refresh Internet
- search Internet Options in start menu by typing it in the search bar. In the Internet Properties window under General tab please click Delete in Browsing History, check all the boxes and then Delete, wait until it finishes
- search Internet Options in start menu by typing it in the search bar then click Advanced and click Reset...
- Control Panel then Internet Options then Connections tab look for LAN Settings and uncheck Proxy Server
- Flush your DNS http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-flush-dns-cache-for-windows/
>- Reset/Turn off modem for one minute and turn on again
- Disable antivirus and firewall
- Re-install Origin if error persists

worked for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 6 of 58 (133,525 Views)

★★ Novice

For those who haven't solved this problem yet, go on Origin, go to the top left and look for "application settings", then go to advanced, then turn on safe mode. This always completes my download whenever I have this issue.

Message 7 of 58 (128,715 Views)

Community Manager

@Zmeister200 Thanks for letting us know what worked for you, much appreciated.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 8 of 58 (128,697 Views)

★ Novice
I usually play on Windows but when I tried to download it on Mac the download speed goes down to 0B/sec. I have fast connection 10-15mbps. I also have tried all your "solutions" but it's still going back to 0b/sec.
Message 9 of 58 (127,540 Views)

★ Novice

Nothing is working on my end.  I've tried contacting origin staff with no response.  Download speeds will approach my current ceiling; 1mbps, but slow to 0 and not restart for some time.  I let it go overnight, and 10 hrs=7%.  I had the exact same issue when trying to download the origin installer from your website.  I have tried starting Origin in R&D mode, manually setting my IPs and DNS adresses to only look at EA and Google, Flushed my DNS, re-installed origin, restarted the downloads, clean boot, disabled my firewall and put in exceptions for the ports,......and nothing.  I'd really like to play.  Please help?

Message 10 of 58 (126,289 Views)