Origin download speed problems

by MotanunSaram

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin download speed problems

★★★ Newbie

I have a lot of big games but i never had this much of a slow download speed

shutting down other programs didn't help and if i stop the download and restart it the download speed suddenly goes up to 50~100MBps and it goes down after that until it goes to 2mbps whats the problem? And is there a way to solve this?

Message 1 of 9 (1,359 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin download speed problems

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @MotanunSaram.

Can you try the following steps please to see if they improve your connection:

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 9 (1,335 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @MotanunSaram.

Can you try the following steps please to see if they improve your connection:

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 9 (1,336 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issue with a simple 2 GB game download.  Seems your telling folks its their system that is the problem. I have an enhanced internet service at the house that gives me a 4 GB down and 1 to 2  upload speed. Just ran a ping test and we are running our typical speed. 

Really seems like its on your end of the download

Message 3 of 9 (1,296 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Microft_Sea please do not make multiple posts about the same topic on a number of threads. This can be considered spamming.

I have responded to your other post.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 9 (1,288 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you for letting me know that 2 posts constitutes Spam. 

I'll be happy to limit an in depth discussion of issues with EA server download speeds  To a less restrictive environment.   There are numerous Facebook pages and YouTube channels specifically for parents who buy video games and play video games with their kids. Since I am one of those parents I'll be happy to take the discussion there. 

I sincerely apologize For 2 posts being so offensive to the community, As a customer of EA,  I was unaware of how much my voice actually mattered, It's very clear now.

Message 5 of 9 (1,278 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Microft_Sea I was merely pointing it out so as to keep the conversation a little easier to follow. If you are making multiple posts about the same issue across a number of posts then it makes keeping track of the conversation difficult and can result in posts being removed. No one is asking you to limit your posting or saying that you cannot post about various topics but we would simply ask that if you have an issue and post about it in one thread you do not post about the same issue in another thread.

I have replied to your post in the other thread but if you would prefer I can post my response here for you also: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Client-Web-Technical/why-are-the-download-speeds-extremely-slow-on-...

Hey @Microft_Sea I tested just there and was downloading at over 35MB/S. 

If you are seeing slow downloads then this generally points to an issue with your network or connection. Have you opened the ports to ensure that Origin is not being blocked in any way?

Have you tried downloading when there are not multiple people playing online at the same time as another streams UHD content? The issue could be as simple as your connection being tapped out by the fact that so many devices are connected and using your internet. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 9 (1,272 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@MotanunSaram plz help me
Message 7 of 9 (1,124 Views)

★★★ Novice

Sorry my guy, but there's really no fix for this. It's been posted about for more than 3 years and they STILL reply with the same automated, non-helpful comment. Origin is just a flawed, outdated, incompatible piece of malware at this point. I have 900mbps and I've never seen a download speed above 45mbps. It usually averages at 2-15mbps at the very most, often dropping all the way to 0kbps before slowly climbing back up to 5-10mbps. The best tip I can give you is find out if the games you play are hosted elsewhere, nuke Origin on your PC and get your games somewhere else. This service is dead and outdated and you'll never get your problems solved here, sad as it is. Not from EA at least, but even us users haven't found our way to fix this problem yet. Sorry for the long comment but that's just how it is. Origin is dead

Message 8 of 9 (1,115 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My download rate at Origin is 5 MB/s. Theoretically, 30 MB/s would be possible. With Steam, the problem does not exist. With Origin, I really always have a very slow download, no matter for which game a download is made (e.g. update). Occasionally, the download rate increases briefly to 15 MB/s, but most of the time it is well below 5 MB/s.
Speedtest shows 260 MBit/s, so it should be much faster. No proxy, no VPN.

What is the reason for this issue?

Message 9 of 9 (869 Views)