Re: Origin download or locate game doesnt work

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin download or locate game doesnt work

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

pls help i cant download games in origin and i read somewhere i should delete and reinstall origin for it to work now all my installed games are gone from origin and i cant

install them again cause download or locate doesnt work.I cant contact origin live chat since the button is greyed out.Pls help me i dont know what to do .

Message 1 of 7 (744 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey @Meph114, it's most likely the case that you have multiple EA accounts and are logged into a secondary account. The best thing to do is log out of your Origin account and then on the sign-in page hit forgot password and enter any email accounts that you may have. If there is an account linked to that email then you will receive an email prompting you to reset your password.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (690 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @Meph114, it's most likely the case that you have multiple EA accounts and are logged into a secondary account. The best thing to do is log out of your Origin account and then on the sign-in page hit forgot password and enter any email accounts that you may have. If there is an account linked to that email then you will receive an email prompting you to reset your password.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 7 (691 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

i dont have multiple accounts and i dont want to change my password for the one account i have since i have this one for years and most likely i will forget the new one by the time i have to log in again.Pls give me a good answer how could i have multiple accounts if i didnt register for another account? Also live chat never said this but none of their solutions worked and i dont feel like wasting another 45 minutes talking with them with no results.My time is limited.Pls help me i want to enjoy origin fully.Also one time when i clicked battlefront download for like 10 times it worked the install popup appeared.PLS READ ALL MY POST .

Message 3 of 7 (652 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Meph114 now i clicked multiple times on star wars jedi fallen order and after a while download pop up appeared.but it doesnt always work
Message 4 of 7 (649 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Meph114, is the issue that your My Game Library is empty or that your games are showing but you are not able to download them? Your original post implies the former but you last replies the latter. If it is a case that your games are showing but missing the download button then have you ever been an EA Play member on Origin or Steam?

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 5 of 7 (625 Views)

★★★ Novice

they are not missing any button.I press download button and most of the times nothing happens.I am ea play member and even have some bought games like dragon age 3 ,1, pvz 2 , bfn and mass effect 3 ,All games i added to my library are showing i just cant download them.It worked in the past since i have 14 games installed and i managed to install star wars jedi yesterday but when i tried installing the saboteur i encountered the same problem

Message 6 of 7 (615 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Meph114, for issues such as this you will need to speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To  speak with a chat or phone adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Select the subject most appropriate to your issue

Finally, you can choose to begin a chat or request a call back.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 7 of 7 (611 Views)