Re: Origin doesn't open/install

by SimCela1

Original Post

★ Apprentice

I have the same problem with not being able to open or install origin. Was in contact with the support all day yesterday and tried all different things. It came to a point where I uninstalled origin the hard way and now I can’t download it again. All it does is send me to a white blank screen and then nothing else. I’m so sad Frown

Message 11 of 39 (1,040 Views)

★★★ Novice

Completely same stiuation as mine...

Message 12 of 39 (1,037 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for following up everyone. 

In some cases this error can come up when Windows is missing files that Origin needs in order to run. When you've got the chance can you try downloading the Visual C++ Redistributables from the Microsoft support website to see if that helps? 

Let me know how it goes when you've got the chance. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 13 of 39 (967 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Kent already tried that. uninstalled and reinstalled all the available vcredist. stiil cant install originthinsetup.exe. run as admin, still nothing, first time buying a game on ea.com and i cant install the client
Message 14 of 39 (952 Views)

★★ Novice

yep same issue for me. 0xc00007b error. WIndows 10. followed every single thing i could find online on every forum. so frustrated. 

Message 15 of 39 (928 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for following up. 

It looks like the Origin team is currently tracking and investigating this issue. Hopefully it's something we can get sorted out soon. Thanks for bearing with us on this. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 16 of 39 (899 Views)

★★★ Novice

It didn't worked too. Any other ideas?

Message 17 of 39 (870 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Also, I'm dealing with new issue. I could run Origin by deleting cache files as you shown but now i get ''Online login unavailable.'' issue. My internet connection is OK. Maybe deleting cache files caused that. I scanned Origin with Windows Defender and it says 0 threat by the way.

Message 18 of 39 (857 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @ozy27TR.

That was happening because of a different issue. We were dealing with an outage across all our games and services yesterday, but that should be resolved now. The other error that you mentioned earlier in your thread is something we're still tracking and investigating. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 19 of 39 (773 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yeah I was noticed it Embarrassed

Message 20 of 39 (750 Views)