Re: Origin crashing (MAC)

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin crashing (MAC)

★★ Novice

Hi!

I know that I need to repair my Sims 4 (I downloaded a mod, it went horribly wrong and I think I accidentally deleted some important files- I have no idea which ones); but every time I try to repair the game origin crashes.

I have cleared my cache and Reset/redownloaded origin, I’ve updated my laptop too and rebooted it several times. 

I’m at a point wherever I load up origin that it is “downloading”/repairing my sims game and expansion packs and gets to around 84%ish before crashing. Also if I try to click on the Sims 4 it comes up with an error (107 I think).

I know I have been an idiot, but I’m wondering if anyone can help!!!

Message 1 of 8 (3,559 Views)

Accepted Solution

@siriuslymegan  After reinstalling Origin, does it still crash when you try to repair Sims 4, or does something else happen?

It might be time to completely uninstall Sims 4 and see whether you can redownload it.  If you get an error when downloading, let me know what you see.  Other steps you can try:

• Clean uninstall and reinstall Origin, then try to download Sims 4
  • Change the install location for Sims 4 within Origin, e.g. the main Applications folder rather than the User Applications folder
  • Install Sims 4 in a new admin user account on your Mac
——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 5 of 8 (3,503 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

[ Edited ]

@siriuslymegan  Did you try a clean uninstall and reinstall of Origin?  The reset tool doesn't remove every related file anymore, unfortunately.

https://bluebellflora.com/how-to-uninstall-origin-on-a-mac/

If that doesn't help, do you have a third-party antivirus, or maybe a cleaner app running on your Mac?  If so, please disable or uninstall it, at least long enough to see whether Origin can get through the repair.

And let me know how much free and total space you have on your hard drive.

For Sims 4 itself, I'd need to know exactly what error you get when you try to play, and when in the process of loading the game you see the error.

Message 2 of 8 (3,548 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you so much for this! I’ll try what you suggested and get back to you Standard smile

Message 3 of 8 (3,524 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello again!

I tried the hard Uninstall as suggested but unfortunately it seems to have made no difference- I still can’t download the game.

As far as I know I don’t have any third party antivirus software on my laptop.

I have 269.37 GB available Of 500.07 GB storage wise.

As for Sims 4, whenever I click on the application a pop up emerges saying “The application “The Sims 4” can’t be opened. 170”

I hope this makes sense and thank you for all of your suggestions so far anyway!

Message 4 of 8 (3,513 Views)

@siriuslymegan  After reinstalling Origin, does it still crash when you try to repair Sims 4, or does something else happen?

It might be time to completely uninstall Sims 4 and see whether you can redownload it.  If you get an error when downloading, let me know what you see.  Other steps you can try:

• Clean uninstall and reinstall Origin, then try to download Sims 4
  • Change the install location for Sims 4 within Origin, e.g. the main Applications folder rather than the User Applications folder
  • Install Sims 4 in a new admin user account on your Mac

Message 5 of 8 (3,504 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you again,

it does still crash while I’m trying to repair the Sims 4, yes.

I’ll try what you have suggested- I think you’re right, might be time for a complete uninstall and reinstall.

Happy new year!

Message 6 of 8 (3,486 Views)

★ Apprentice
@siriuslymegan Unfortunately, the Origin crashing while repairing The Sims 4 is a well known problem and all the "help" you get from the "support" will not help you. This problem is going on for months now and EA doesn't care to do anything about it. There is a whole nother thread about it https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Client-Web-Technical/origin-error-code-327682-12/m-p/9496523#M94970

Sorry that I may crush your hopes but you won't get any help from these guys here ^^
Message 7 of 8 (3,481 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi @puzzlezaddict just wanted to let you know that deleting and reinstalling worked! Thank you for all of your help Standard smile

Message 8 of 8 (3,444 Views)