Re: Origin crashes on system start-up.

by luv2speed

Original Post

★★★★ Novice
@luv2speed All three of the PCs in my house have the same problem on using auto-start. All crash on Windows start up if auto-start is enabled. Each device is on the latest windows version but all different build times. one built in 2019 one from 2018 and one from years ago. So it nothing to do with the OS just shonky EA Frown

This is all since the last EA client upgrade so guess they'll fix it in the next client patch without admitting to it in this one Standard smile
Message 91 of 115 (1,435 Views)

★★★ Expert
@Lostinear Yes I just tested again and experience still the same

- Done already:

- Cleared origin cache

- reinstalled nvidea driver (clean install)

- removed C++ updates from MS.

- removed lic files from origin folder as recommended with the crash to desktop
Message 92 of 115 (1,428 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

This problem seem to happen in the past as well. And they think once this got resolved in the past, they don't need to maintain the solution. As an app developer myself, I can say that they couldn't be more wrong with this assumption. I'd be happy enough if we can get a response.

Again, I installed Origin on a clean Windows 10 1909 install so why would it crash on every system startup? It's like saying it's Microsoft's fault for updating their OS causing Origin to crash.

Message 93 of 115 (1,346 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

This is the exact same screen I get. I disabled autostart. This is not a fix but a temporary solution till they fix it. 

Message 94 of 115 (1,243 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

So I have 2 different computers and both fresh installs of windows 10 and I am having same critical crash after boot. I disabled auto start and that doesn't fix it but is a temporary solution so I don't see the popup every time my computer boots. If I click origin icon to run it it works fine and that is fine by me.

As both PC's are mostly different setups, I am looking for common factors* that may be an issue I don't have a fix but maybe this will help narrow down to a fix if anyone has similar setups. 

Main computer:

*Windows 10 home ver 1909 (OS Build 18363.815) (purchased through windows store)

*Origin Version 10.5.68.39605-760501

i5 2500 cpu

HyperX Fury16gb ram

msi motherboard (forget model)

Asus gtx 1060 3gb

*hynix Gold S31 500gb ssd

*anewkodi ac1200 usb wifi

*Avira Prime antivirus VER. 1.0.26.9000

Second Computer

*Windows 10 home ver 1909 (OS Build 18363.815) (purchased through windows store)

*Origin Version 10.5.68.39605-760501

x5650 cpu

Corsair Vengeance 16gb ram

gigabyte ex58-ud3r motherboard

EVGA Rtx 2070 super XC graphics card

*Hynix Gold S31 500gb SSD

*Anewkodi ac1200 usb wifi

*Avira Prime antivirus VER. 1.0.26.9000

So this is a problem that happened "After" reinstalling both systems, as I just installed the same SSD in both systems. I honestly don't think it's the SSD, I think maybe it's an issue with the usb wifi taking too long to turn on vs the OS booting so quickly now, as both computers worked fine before. Also, I am having issue with running Avira and Epic Games I am getting a memory leak avira uses up too 2gb and my epic games downloads slow to a crawl when this happens. So maybe that could be an issue also as that is happening on both systems as well. 

Message 95 of 115 (1,201 Views)

★ Apprentice

I would retort "IF they fix it", but they gotta, eventually... right???

There are too many people on too many systems that have this Origin Client error - too many for their development team to ignore, I hope... 

Message 96 of 115 (1,215 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Both of my pcs in this house do the same thing at boot up. Both windows 10. The origin client crashed. Reopen etc. This happened when origin sent out their latest update. 

Message 97 of 115 (1,163 Views)

★ Apprentice

@ThaT_GuY_n3iL Thx for sharing. It seems that some of the other victims are reporting that it started happening around the March 31 Origin Client update. 

Here's a simple "logic" statement:

IF

Before the Origin Client update = no trouble on automatic start

AND

After the Origin Client update = Origin Client crashes on automatic start

AND

No simultaneous changes were made on user's systems

THEN

The cause of the crash = Bad code in the Origin Client update

ENDIF 

Message 98 of 115 (1,130 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hey ORIGIN !!! Here's a QUICK and easy test:

Temporarily roll back the current release client to 10.5.66, or contact me to manually install it and disable automatic updates and it will PROVE that the 10.5.67/10.5.68 versions are the cause of this startup crash...

ORIGIN Support - contact me if you want to try this test...

Message 99 of 115 (1,122 Views)

★★★ Expert
@luv2speed Post 98. Yes it happend indeed end of March for me!
Message 100 of 115 (1,072 Views)