Re: Origin crashes on system start-up.

by CTR1959

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@tweetatoo Ditto. Thanks for informing us of the update. I applied it and now it's not crashing on startup like it used to.

Message 111 of 115 (1,096 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@luv2speed you are welcome Standard smile
Message 112 of 115 (1,071 Views)

★★ Novice

So the fix on my end was deleting my Titan Fall 2 folder. While this issue may not be related to what others on this thread are experiencing, it seems that another issue manifests itself in the same way. YMMV

Specifically, I moved my Origin Games folder from one PC to a new build. While the locate game function worked great for most of the titles to remap/update to the new Origin client install. Titan Fall 2 did not. So, when I tried (many times) to locate the game and pointed it to the copied folder, Origin would crash.

So, I had cleared out some caches, etc. but to no avail. I figured I would just delete and redownload TF2 (ugh). But, after a reboot and trying to open the client it would try to automatically update TF2 and simply crash out. The fix was closing Origin, disabling service and autostart, reboot, delete the TF2 folder, and then rerun Origin.

All is well now.

Message 113 of 115 (966 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@XeLiTuS Had to inform that this solved it for me. I remember trying to move Jedi Fallen Order to an SSD. I tried the cache removal thing, this is early July so whatever update should have fixed it did not fix it on my end. But removed the game folder and starts fine now.

Try it. Especially if you've been moving games to other drives before the crash.

Thanks again.
Message 114 of 115 (824 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@eonizer windows 10
Message 115 of 115 (468 Views)