Origin crashes immediately after Launch

by HackBrettHB

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin crashes immediately after Launch

★ Novice

Hi,

I am unable to start Origin as it crashes to Desktop immediately after the launch.
The issue has persisted through more than 1 month now and I have reinstalled Origin multiple times.
This is extremely frustrating as I can not launch any game.

The issue has been occuring since I moved all my games from a HDD to a SSD. However I have no idea why that shoudl influence the bootup of origin itself.

Any help?

Message 1 of 4 (579 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin crashes immediately after Launch

★ Novice

I finally had the idea to clean the registry with the help of CC Cleaner, which seems to have solved the issues, as there were artifacts of old paths that are not legit on my new system anymore and Origin could not handle them.

Even though the problem is solved for me, this should be forwarded to the devs and maybe added to the Q&A section for now.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (558 Views)

All Replies

★ Novice

I finally had the idea to clean the registry with the help of CC Cleaner, which seems to have solved the issues, as there were artifacts of old paths that are not legit on my new system anymore and Origin could not handle them.

Even though the problem is solved for me, this should be forwarded to the devs and maybe added to the Q&A section for now.

Message 2 of 4 (559 Views)

Community Manager

Great to hear that you got it sorted @HackBrettHB.

That CCleaner fixed the issue for you would point to the issue being system based.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 3 of 4 (530 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having this same issue after moving a few games but Ccleaner has not helped it. i have uninstalled and reinstalled, i have cleared cache, Ive tried what i can think of. It starts up and immediately crashes, I send the crash data to orgin and restart origin and it crashes, all until i click exit origin.

Message 4 of 4 (499 Views)