Origin crashes after locating game

by Autsmo

Original Post

Re: Origin crashes after locating game

★ Novice

i'm used origin several weeks now and same issues is having i'm not trying to be mean when i say this but i'm trying to play on my games and not having to fix this app for not working and or launching my games i went to school for 4 years in coding and i am one of the best in my class im firmly convinced that i am going to be able to make a good game launcher then this onei dont like this launcher very much one of my professors has experience in coding and i think he could probably help you with your issue.  

Message 61 of 96 (1,446 Views)

★ Apprentice

"Accepted Solution" is not the solution.

Please remove it.

Message 62 of 96 (1,248 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@NeXuSKillerLexThanks heaps!
This should be the "Accepted Solution".

(Posted at the bottom of page 1 and link at the top of page 2)

"I just installed more older version of Origin 10.5.41.27263. It had no this issue."

https://origin-a.akamaihd.net/Origin-Client-Download/origin/live/OriginSetup_10_5_41_27263.exe

Origin force-updates after restarting the old version, so make sure you get it done right before you close it.

Message 63 of 96 (1,246 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks for the repost.

I had just re-installed windows and wanted to tell Origin where all my games were on another drive. After a cycle of crashes I came here and using an old Origin mentioned it worked. It does seem that each game is different BTW, with Apex I just repaired the game, but with Battlefield 4 I had to locate game. Both went to verify game files perfectly.

I could not get this to work any other way. Origin would either repeatedly crash (requiring an uninstall), or delete the game directory (requiring to re-download), or almost work then require another 10-30 gig download. 

THIS IS THE ONLY METHOD THAT WILL WORK.

Such a pity that EA couldn't get this right. Never had this problem with  Deluxe Paint (1985)  on my Amiga. I'm guessing that the client approach was to curb piracy, bring back the decoder wheel I say and be done with the Origin Client (It never worked well anyway)

Message 64 of 96 (1,179 Views)

★★★ Novice

You sir are a genius, worked for me after several days of pulling hair. Wink

Message 65 of 96 (1,147 Views)

★ Novice

I tried this method and no joy. It just states "preparing..." and just kinda hangs there indefinitely. While this method does work for Epic Games, it doesn't seem to be consistent for Origin-based installed games. I wound up redownloading my library games (after verifying my Save data was safe elsewhere on another drive) and deleting the original rename directory . Thanks, though, for listing a method that works for some people but not everyone.

Message 66 of 96 (1,128 Views)

★★★ Newbie

delete de folder C:\ProgramData\Origin  just cache and dump files, this will brake the restart loop of Origin launcher

Message 67 of 96 (1,001 Views)

★★ Novice
Message 68 of 96 (936 Views)

★★ Novice
@succymoo oh but I disagree
Message 69 of 96 (935 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@succymoo You think you're funny punk?
Message 70 of 96 (931 Views)