Re: Origin client will not remember settings: spyware? ...YES!

by Septtr

Original Post

Origin client will not remember settings: spyware? ...YES!

★★★★★ Novice

I have looked online and done every troubleshooting option available and I'm still having this problem. The settings in Origin for cloud storage, show origin after gameplay, and share system interaction data all turn on after closing and re-opening Origin.

I expressly want all 3 of these settings turned off but they automatically turn back on without my consent. All other settings stay turned off except these 3.

Message 1 of 9 (633 Views)

★ Pro
I wouldnt mind sharing that data but since the game is stuttering i wanted to limit every type of excess.. i turned this off last week and yesterda I noticed it was on again.. I turned it off.. Today it's still off
Message 2 of 9 (626 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Same here I turn them off next time when I open origin app they are on!

Message 3 of 9 (611 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I am still having this issue.

Message 4 of 9 (557 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I'm still having this issue. Even when I start Origin, turn all 3 of these options off there's no way to tell that they are actually off because Origin Client opens upon closing the game anyways!

Feel sorry for Respawn having to put up with EA's crap.

Can Respawn sue EA for this kind of illegal activity?

Message 5 of 9 (524 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Still having this issue. I check Origin settings and turn show Origin after gameplay OFF yet it still shows Origin after gameplay. When I turn that setting ON, then OFF again the next time I open Origin Share system interaction data and Cloud saves are turned ON without my consent. Then, I turn everything OFF yet Origin will still open after gameplay.

Message 6 of 9 (497 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'm still having this issue.

When I right click Origin in the bottom right tray and launch Apex Legends from there Origin client does not open after gameplay! sweet. However, share system interaction data and cloud storage saves turns back on after system restart.

I still have to check all three of these settings every time I open Origin. Typically at least 2 of the 3 settings are turned on FOR NO REASON and I have to turn them off every time I open Origin.

Message 7 of 9 (451 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

not sure this app can help you but why not try and figure this out for yourself.

try "Unchecky" a app that remove choise doing installation so addware possibilities get installed lesser.

not sure that it can pick on already installed apps

try exits client. check www.EA.com ( go through every step there, might a issue with profile userdata and then client  start up. )

also possible its a cookie issue.

so switch Browser as test to see if it's a browser default issue. ( could also be a good idea, not the first time i have see a PW is wrong but browser keep use oudate data in same session.

Message 8 of 9 (447 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi Mantakno thanks for the suggestion but I've already done a fresh install of Windows 10 and that did not fix the issue.

Just now I had to turn off share system interaction data and cloud storage saves again.

Message 9 of 9 (430 Views)